A very refreshing summer treat without the fat!
- 1(8-ounce) carton vanilla low-fat yogurt
- 1(3.4-ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 cup skim milk
- 1/3 cup strawberry jam
- 1 Tbl dry sherry
- 1 angel food cake, cut into 3/4-inch cubes and divided
- 2 cup canned sliced peaches in juice, drained and divided
- 1 basket fresh sliced strawberries (optional)
- 1 bunch fresh mint sprigs (optional)
- Spoon yogurt into several layers of heavy-duty paper towels; spread to ½-inch thickness. Cover with additional paper towels; let stand 5 minutes. Scrape yogurt into a bowl, using a rubber spatula.
- Combine pudding mix and milk, stirring with a wire whisk until blended. Stir drained yogurt into pudding mixture; set aside.
- Combine jam and sherry, stirring with a wire whisk until blended; set aside.
- Arrange half of cake cubes in a 2-quart trifle bowl. Spread half of pudding mixture over cake cubes. Drizzle jam mixture evenly over pudding. Arrange 1 cup of sliced peaches over jam mixture. Repeat layering procedure with remaining cake, pudding, and peaches. If desired, garnish with sliced strawberries and mint sprigs.