Black bean salad, mint and lime juice served in lettuce leaves with mango and kiwi slices.
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cans black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 2 medium kiwis, peeled, sliced
- 1 medium mango, peeled, pitted and sliced
- Additional fresh mint leaves, optional
- Beat chopped mint, broth, lime juice, oil, coriander, sugar and nutmeg in medium bowl with wire whisk until well blended.
- Add beans; toss to coat.
- Let stand 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Add onions; mix lightly.
- Cover 6 serving plates with lettuce.
- Top evenly with the bean mixture.
- Arrange kiwi and mango slices around bean mixture.
- Garnish with additional mint, if desired.