It may not be gourmet fare but just an all time favorite comfort food. This all time rich and creamy mac and cheese we have grown to love is now prepared with less fat. A nice version that is both satisfying and delicious.
- 2 cups uncooked macaroni
- 8 oz. reduced fat cheese product, cut into cubes (Note: Kraft cheese is said to have half the sodium in one serving.)
- 1/2 cup non-fat milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium pot or saucepan, cook macaroni until tender (or follow directions in package).
- When cooked, remove from pot, drain water.
- Return cooked macaroni to pot or saucepan.
- Melt cheese with non-fat milk over low heat; then add salt and pepper with cooked pasta. Mix evenly and set in a platter.
- Garnish with chopped celery and a slice of tomato or a few green beans on the side.
- Serve up.