Perfect for a Halloween dinner or party! Carving the 'pumpkins' and eating the 'worms'is very enjoyable!
- 6-8 medium orange bell peppers, washed and dried
- 8 ounces orzo pasta or spaghetti
- 1 (25 ounce) jar pasta sauce, warmed (I love Mezzetta Napa Valley Bistro Tomato and Basil sauce)
- Carve each bell pepper as you would a Jack-O-Lantern, cutting the top off and hollowing out the inside before carving a face.
- Discard the tops.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain Pasta.
- Mix pasta with warm sauce and spoon into each individual pepper, making sure the pasta 'oozes' out the eyes, mouth, and top of pepper.
- Serve with breadstick 'bones'--tie a knot at the end of each breadstick, bake, and enjoy!