An outstanding salad that is very low in fat and calories and a sure hit in potlucks!
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels,thawed
- 5 ounces bottled roasted red bell peppers, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 (10-ounce) packages Italian-blend salad greens (about 12 cups)
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- Preheat broiler.
- Place corn on a foil-lined baking sheet. Broil 12 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring once. Cool.
- Combine corn, bell peppers, onions, and jalapeño pepper in a large bowl. Combine sour cream, vinegar, and salt, stirring with a whisk. Add sour cream mixture to corn mixture, tossing to coat; chill 1 hour.
- Divide greens evenly among 8 plates; top each serving with about 1/3 cup corn mixture and about 1 teaspoon pine nuts.