Incredibly amazing way to cook your lettuce!Extremely low in calories and fat.
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium sliced shallot (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 12 ounces Bibb lettuce leaves (about 4 heads)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine sherry and soy sauce in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large wok or heavy skillet over high heat until hot but not smoking; add shallot and ginger, and stir-fry 1 minute or until shallot begins to soften. Add lettuce, and stir-fry 1-2 minutes or until it just begins to wilt.
- Swirl in sherry mixture, salt, sugar, and pepper, and continue to stir-fry 30 seconds or until lettuce is just tender and still bright green. Serve immediately.