The goat cheese makes this traditional Southern side dish smooth and satisfying.
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked quick-cooking grits
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) goat cheese
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Bring 4 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Gradually add grits and salt to pan, stirring constantly with a whisk. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes or until thick, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in cheese and remaining ingredients.