Now you can have your carrots in a fantastical way!
- 3/4 lb fresh Brussels sprouts
- 3/4 lb baby carrots, scraped
- 1/3 cup honey-mustard barbecue sauce
- 2 tsp grated orange rind
- 1/4 cup unsweetened orange juice
- 1/8 tsp Orange zest (optional)
- Wash Brussels sprouts thoroughly, and remove discolored leaves. Cut off stem ends, and cut a shallow "X" in bottom of each sprout.
- Place Brussels sprouts and carrots in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil; cook 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Drain; transfer to a medium bowl.
- Combine barbecue sauce, orange rind and orange juice; add to vegetables, tossing gently. If desired, garnish with orange zest.