A healthy treat the kids will love!
- 1 Fuji apple - peeled, cored and diced
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 kiwis, peeled and sliced
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup oil for frying
- 6 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- In a medium bowl, mix together Fuji apple, strawberries, kiwis, bananas, lime juice, white sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator approximately 20 minutes.
- Heat oil to 375°F (190°C) in a medium saucepan.
- Slice flour tortillas into triangles.
- Carefully place tortilla triangles into the hot oil and fry until golden brown, 2 to 4 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Place cinnamon and sugar in a large ziplock plastic bag. Drop fried tortilla triangles into the bag and shake to coat.
- Serve the cinnamon chips warm with the chilled fruit salsa.
- As an alternative to frying the tortilla chips, try baking them by spritzing each side with melted butter or butter flavored oil, sprinkling with the cinnamon/sugar mixture and baking for 7 minutes at 350°F.