Muesli is readily available in supermarkets but making your own muesli guarantees a fresh healthy breakfast food every morning. And choosing which fruits and nuts to use makes it more enjoyable.
- 4-1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/2 cup wheat bran
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 1 cup raisins (you can use other dried fruits of your choice)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (you can add other nuts of your choice)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar (or less depending on your taste)
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
- In a large mixing bowl combine the rolled oats, oat bran, wheat germ, wheat bran, dried fruits, chopped nuts, seeds and brown sugar. Mix the ingredients very well.
- Store the home-made muesli in an airtight container. No refrigeration needed.