Crunchy and scrumptous pitas on the go!
- 1/4 cup plain dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 large egg
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- Dash of ground red pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup shredded seeded peeled cucumber
- 1/4 cup plain 2% low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 (6-inch) whole wheat pitas, halved
- 4 Bibb lettuce leaves
- 8 (1/4-inch-thick) tomato slices
- Combine first 10 ingredients in a food processor. Process until finely chopped. Divide mixture into 4 equal portions; shape each portion into a 1/2-inch-thick patty. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add patties to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- Combine cucumber, yogurt, juice, and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a small bowl. Line each pita half with 1 lettuce leaf and 2 tomato slices. Place 1 patty in each pita half. Top each patty with about 1 tablespoon cucumber mixture.