A special treat for kids.Fun to eat coz of its different cut-out shapes that even adults will love for it is very low in fat and calories!
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup finely chopped nuts
- 1/2 tsp powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line 8-inch-square baking pan with foil, extending foil over sides of pan; spray with vegetable cooking spray. Combine granulated sugar, flour and cocoa in small bowl. Add applesauce, egg whites and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer until well blended. Stir in nuts.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 25 minutes or until edges are firm. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Place in freezer about 15 minutes for easier cutting. Lift brownies from pan using sides of foil; carefully peel off foil. Cut into squares or other desired shapes with small cookie cutters. Sift powdered sugar over tops of brownies. Store, covered, at room temperature.