These low fat muffins are great for Breakfast, Snack or Dessert!
- 1 cup ALBERS® Yellow Corn Meal
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Fat Free Milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup plain fat free yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- PREHEAT oven to 400° F. Grease or paper-line 12 muffin cups.
- COMBINE corn meal, flour, sugar, wheat germ and baking powder in large bowl. Combine evaporated milk, oil, yogurt, egg and egg white in small bowl; stir until blended. Add to corn meal mixture, stirring just until moistened. Gently fold in blueberries. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling three-fourths full.
- BAKE for 18 to 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 5 minutes; remove to wire rack to cool slightly. Serve warm.