A nice, light, easy-to-make pasta dish!
- 1 pound vermicelli pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 13 roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to directions on the package.
- While the water for the pasta is boiling, briefly saute the garlic in oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in tomatoes and their juice and sprinkle with salt.
- When tomatoes begin to bubble, mash them slightly with a fork. Stir in parsley, reduce heat and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Toss hot pasta with tomato sauce, Cajun seasoning, mozzarella and Parmesan.