Essentially yummy! Perfect partner from crackers to burgers, from snacks to picnics!
- 5 1/2 cups thinly sliced pickling cucumbers (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric
- 1. Combine cucumbers and salt in a large bowl; cover and chill 1 1/2 hours. Drain; rinse cucumbers under cold water. Drain; return cucumbers to bowl. Add onion to bowl.
- 2. Combine sugar and remaining ingredients in a medium saucepan; bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Pour hot vinegar mixture over cucumber mixture; let stand at room temperature 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate 24 hours. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 2 weeks