Great for breakfast and also a splendid Thanksgiving treat!
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbl baking powder
- 1/4 tsp teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats, uncooked
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1/2 Tbl vegetable oil
- 3 egg whites
- 1 vegetable cooking spray
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl; make a well in center of mixture. Combine milk, applesauce, oil, and egg white; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon batter into 12 muffin pan cups coated with cooking spray, filling each three-fourths full. Bake at 400 degrees for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden. Remove from pan immediately.