Can also be a healthy side dish for your fave meat!
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 dried Thai red pepper, crushed, or 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 8 ounces Brussels sprouts, halved (2 cups)
- 1/3 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped cashews or peanuts
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Lightly coat a medium saucepan with olive oil or nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add mustard seed, cumin seed, and fennel seed. Cook and stir for 30 seconds. Reduce heat to medium. Stir in ginger, red pepper, and Brussels sprouts. Add broth and cook, covered, 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally, till Brussels sprouts are tender.
- To serve, stir in nuts, vinegar, and salt.