Low fat Potato food recipe
- 2 250 grams potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup onions
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1 cup carrot
- 4 medium garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup nonfat cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Wash, dry and chop onions, broccoli, carrot, parsley and garlic.
- Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C). Bake potatoes until tender (aprox. 45 minutes). Reduce oven temperature to 350 F 175 C). Pour oil into medium nonstick skillet and heat over medium heat 60 seconds.
- Add onions and cook, stirring frequently, until soft and light brown, 4-5 minutes.
- Add broccoli, carrot and garlic and keep stirring, about 5 more minutes. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, 4 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside, covered.
- Cut the potatoes in halves lengthwise, leave skins intact. Scoop out pulp and put into mixing bowl combine with broccoli/carrot mixture, cottage cheese, parsley, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Mash everything with a fork until the stuffing has a smooth texture.
- Spoon about one-fourth of the stuffing back into each potato halves. Bake potatoes on baking sheet 15 minutes.