Awesome bread! You can even use your left- over mashed potatoes for this one!A very low in fat loaf that everyone will love!
- 1 cup mashed cooked peeled baking potatoes (about 8 ounces)
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 21.4 ounces bread flour (about 4 1/2 cups), divided
- 2 1/2 teaspoons dry yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Cooking spray
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH for 2 minutes or until mixture is 110°. Stir with a whisk until smooth.
- Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine 6.75 ounces (about 1 1/2 cups) flour, yeast, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Add potato mixture to flour mixture, stirring with a fork until combined. Add eggs; stir until combined.
- Add 9 ounces (about 2 cups) flour to potato mixture; stir until a soft dough forms. Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic (about 10 minutes); add enough of remaining 1/2 cup flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, to prevent dough from sticking to hands (dough will feel sticky).
- Place dough in a large bowl coated with olive oil, turning to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 1 hour or until doubled in size. (Gently press two fingers into dough. If indentation remains, dough has risen enough.) Punch dough down; cover and let rest 5 minutes.
- Divide dough in half. Working with one portion at a time (cover remaining dough to prevent drying), roll one portion into a 14 x 7–inch rectangle on a floured surface. Roll up rectangle tightly, starting with a short edge, pressing firmly to eliminate air pockets; pinch seam and ends to seal. Place loaf, seam side down, in an 8 x 4–inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
- Shape remaining portion into 9 portions, and shape each into a ball. Place balls in an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Coat top of loaf and rolls with cooking spray. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 30 minutes or until doubled in size. (Gently press two fingers into dough. If the indentation remains, dough has risen enough.)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until tops of rolls are browned and loaf sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom. Remove from pans; cool on wire racks.