Fresh and unique taste for a potato salad!
- 2 cups thinly sliced peeled seedless cucumber
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound small Yukon gold potatoes, quartered
- 1 pound red potatoes, quartered
- 3 tablespoons less-sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons Champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Dash of ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup minced green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- Combine cucumber and salt in a large bowl. Let stand 30 minutes.
- Cook potatoes in boiling water 20 minutes or until just tender; drain. Combine potatoes, broth, and wine in a bowl. Let stand 5 minutes. Add potato mixture to cucumber mixture.
- Combine Champagne vinegar and the next 4 ingredients (through nutmeg) in a small bowl; stir with a whisk until blended. Add vinegar mixture, onions, parsley, and chives to the potato mixture; toss well to coat.