Delicious and easy to make. This simple pasta recipe will satisfy the senses. -
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1/2 lb crimini mushrooms
- 1 cup small shallots
- 1 lb ziti
- 5 quarts water
- 3 cups tomato sauce
- 1 Tbsp fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 ounce Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 3 ounces fontina cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Peel and seed the peppers; then cut into 1 inch squares. Place the mushrooms, shallots and peppers in a roasting pan and spray lightly with olive oil.
- Place the roasting pan in the preheated oven and roast the vegetables until slightly soft (about 15 – 20 minutes).
- While the vegetables are roasting, bring 5 quarts of water to a boil and add the ziti. Cook until slightly underdone (about 12 – 15 minutes). Drain.
- Prepare a 12” oblong pan (pyrex is a good choice) by lightly spraying the inside with olive oil. Set aside. (Lining the pan with Release non-stick foil works as well).
- Place the tomato sauce, rosemary leaves, thyme, parmesan, and pepper in a glass or stainless steel bowl. Stir well and add the ziti. Toss the pasta to coat well.
- Add the vegetables and gently fold together until well blended. Pour the ingredients into the prepared oblong pan.
- Sprinkle the grated fontina cheese over the top.
- Bake at 375°F for 15 - 20 minutes until the top is slightly browned.