One great way of having your everyday omelet!
- 2 large egg whites, or 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives, parsley or dill
- Crack the egg whites into a bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk to combine completely.
- Heat peanut oil over medium heat in a 6" non-stick omelet pan until almost smoking.
- Pour in the egg mixture and immediately stir with a spatula.
- While stirring, quickly shake the skillet in a back and forth motion directly on the heat surface. (Do not lift the pan off the heat surface, as this will cool the pan.)
- This step should not take more than 15 seconds.
- When the egg is almost set, remove the pan from the heat and add the herbs across the center of the omelet.
- Fold the omelet in half and turn it onto a warm plate.