This yummy and fruity trifle only contains 1 fat...so no guilt to indulge!
- 1 box (4-serving size) vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 2 cups fat-free (skim) milk
- 2 cups frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup peach preserves
- 1/2 cup amaretto or orange juice
- 8 cups cubed (1-inch) angel food cake (10 to 12 oz)
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 3 medium peaches or nectarines, peeled, sliced, or 2 cups frozen sliced peaches, thawed
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted*
- In large bowl, make pudding mix as directed on box for pudding using 2 cups milk. Refrigerate 15 minutes. Gently stir in whipped topping until blended.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix preserves and amaretto until blended.
- In 3- to 4-quart trifle bowl or clear glass bowl, arrange half of the cake cubes. Top with half of the strawberries and peaches. Drizzle with half of the preserves mixture. Spoon and spread half of pudding mixture over fruit. Repeat layers, ending with pudding. Sprinkle almonds over top. Serve immediately