A perfect appetizer for Superbowl or that dinner party coming up!
- Fresh jalapenos (18), 2-3 inches in size
- One 8 oz block of cream cheese, softened
- Thin, regular bacon strips (12), sliced into thirds
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut stems off jalapenos, and cut them in half lengthwise. Use a spoon to scoop out all the seeds.
- Fill each jalapeno half with softened cream cheese.
- Wrap each half in 1/3 slice of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Place the jalapeno halves on a cooking rack on a cookie sheet (to allow fat to drain from bacon) and place in the oven.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes. (for crispier bacon, after cooking for 25 minutes, broil to desired crispiness)