Fruity and nutritious!
- 1 (12-ounce) container whole cranberry-orange sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and quartered
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Garnishes: orange rind strips, fresh rosemary sprigs
- Bring cranberry-orange sauce and next 4 ingredients to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Arrange apple quarters in a round baking dish coated with cooking spray; pour cranberry mixture over apples.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until apples are tender. Sprinkle evenly with chopped pecans. Bake 5 more minutes. Garnish, if desired.