Once you have tasted this you won't tell the difference between its beefy cousin and it actually tastes pretty good and it gets even better if you layer it with your favorite ketchup, mustard and the like Not only does it taste good but it is rich in fiber.
- • 1 (15.5 ounce) can garbanzo beans, mashed and drained
- • 8 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- • 1/4 cup oat bran
- • 1/4 cup quick cooking oats
- • 1 cup cooked brown rice
- • 1 (14 ounce) package firm tofu
- • 5 tablespoons Korean barbeque sauce
- • 1/2 teaspoon salt
- • 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- • 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- • 3/4 teaspoon dried sage
- • 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1. Blend mashed garbanzo beans and basil together in a large bowl. Then add in quick oats, oat brain and rice after mixing the ingredients the mixture will appear dry.
- 2. Try to squeeze all the water from the mashed tofu using your hands in another bowl. After squeezing water out, drain the water and repeat the process until there is no water left possible to squeeze. But it is not required that you get rid of the water. Over the tofu, pour the barbeque sauce and mix to coat.
- 3. Mix the tofu into oats and garbanzo beans, spice it up with pepper, salt, garlic powder, and sage, stir until it is well blended.
- 4. In a large skillet warm up the oil above medium-high heat. Get the bean mixture then shape patties out of it and cook each side of the patties in hot oil for about 5 minutes. Then serve.