Cohen's Lifestyle Welcome to your new Cohens Forum

Prefix for Cohen's Lifestyle
Hey everyone, love this forum, this is what gives me positive attitudes to contiue losing weight. I have lost 11kilos, just another 10 and I will be able to start having IVF treatment. Trouble is I have come to a stand still and it is not shifting off very much at all now. Does anyone have any ideas on how to re-boost the losing again? I drink green tea, 2.5 - 3 ltrs of water a day and only eat vegies and meat, don't really eat carbs as they are my worst enemie. Any ideas would be fantastic. I love looking at the pictures of people and how well they are doing with their weight losses. Congrates to you all. Job well done, it is not until you need to lose weight that you realise how much of a challenge it really is. Skinny people have no idea how hard it is...:eek::

How much do you weigh now? What is your goal weight? What weight did you start?
How long have you been stuck at your current weight?

Hi All,
I stumbled accros this forum a couple of weeks ago and have been skipping through the postings and wanted to let everone know (new and old thread) How helpful the information has been, I have never posted anything before and am totaly not sure how to get all the smiles and weight indicators to apear, I have been on Cohens for 7 weeks today and have lost almost 12 Kg, felt fantastic the first few weeks, now feeling a bit flat, no energy!! If anyone has any tips, I am on a Multi Vitamin, I do have a busy job and a demanding family, prehaps, that is the way it is, if that is part and parcel, I am OK with that, it is still worth it for the results, have a great night! Oh, if anyone knows, I would also love to hear how the re-feed affects people who are on it and what the avarage time on the re-fead is? Thanks again!

I must admit that I felt flat and tired at some stages during the program. I am not sure if it is multivitamins or something else?

Are you on the internet program (USA style) or in Asia?

One thing I found was that the internet program didnt say about Essential Oils, that provide essential fatty acids (EFA) that your bodies absolutely needs for healthy operation. Eg Omega-3 fish oils, Omega-6 fatty acids.

I started having 1/2 a teaspoon (2mls) of Flax seed oil every day with my main meal and since then I havent felt nearly as flat and my dry skin has greatly improved. However maybe it is something others can provide input, also consultants should help with this issue.

Thanks Lessfatty for the reply

I will give the flax seed oil a go, As for which programme I am on, I know this is Probably really naughty, I am actualy following a friend of a friends, I guess it started out as a try before buy thing, with the results, I ... well never realy got around to it, I am over half way with the weight loss and feeling fantastic, only the past week or so a bit flat, so I don't know if it would be worth me joining myself, I guess I am missing out on heaps of info, and suport, not sure really, has anyone else followed anothers plan? Have a Great night.

I will give the flax seed oil a go, As for which programme I am on, I know this is Probably really naughty, I am actualy following a friend of a friends, I guess it started out as a try before buy thing, with the results, I ... well never realy got around to it, I am over half way with the weight loss and feeling fantastic, only the past week or so a bit flat, so I don't know if it would be worth me joining myself, I guess I am missing out on heaps of info, and suport, not sure really, has anyone else followed anothers plan? Have a Great night.

The internet program which is sort of "Cohen diet basic edition" costs US$250, you will save that much in take aways etc. I dont say this much for purchasing consumer goods, but Cohen diet is one thing I recommend getting your credit card out and just pay for it, have some blood tests and get an individual program, use this forum or the forum group my diary is located for support. I just worry that maybe you could be not getting quiet enough of one type of food for your type of body and body chemistry.

Since you are 1/2 way though you know you can do it, so you should just finish it off in style :)

Want to introduce myself

Hi everyone,
It took me a while to find this forum. All the other forums I was reading before I started Cohens are all closed.
Well I did it. I started my Cohens diet February 21st, 2007. I got my plan the Monday and decided to start the first day of Lent.
It's been 9 days and although I know I shouldn't way myself, I've already lost11lbs. Last year I did Beverly Hills Diet (sort of like LA Weightloss) Pretty much the same but all green vegetables were allowed and of course you needed to buy their protein supplements which you needed to take in between meals. Needless to say works out much more expensive than Cohens, and let me tell you this is the best diet. I love the fact that I can use a little bit of salt--I use sea salt and so happy about the crackers-They make a big difference. I found the most amazing crackers yesterday--Finn Crisp Rye Crackers. Its a small bite bigger than allowed, so I just break off a little piece until it weighs 11g. So far the best cracker-especially in the morning with my poached egg sitting on top of it-YUM YUM and very filling.
Anyways-I love to cook and have been doing some wonderful tasty things with the food that would love to share with all of you if you like, and I'm sure as time goes on I'll be looking forward to your support.
Still need to figure out the ticker thing
P.S, I've still continued my workouts at the gym-doing 1hr cardio and some weights--seems to help out and looking at all the great bodies at the gym is a great motivator not to cheat.

Love your name!

Hi Yummymummytobe! Congrats on starting Cohens! I'm doing a similar diet - Tony Ferguson. The only differences are that you replace 1 whole meal plus the protein of a 2nd meal with yummy shakes, you don't have to weigh your vegies (which I like coz I like to have mashed cauli with everything :) ), you don't get to have crispbread/crackers, but you do get to have unlimited diet jelly :D

Anyway, that all aside, I really wanted to say Hi and that I love your name! Are you working on becoming a Mummy? Or are you a Mummy already and working on becoming a YummyMummy? (I'm doing the latter...)

Keep us all up to date on how you go - I'm sure everyone would love to hear your recipe ideas. Also - I hope you keep those bits of cracker you break off - you can use them as cheesecake base or crumbing on meat etc.

Cheers,
Linda

To YUMMYMUMMY2B

Hi, Didn't realize there was another yummymummy. I'm a mother of 2 girls, aged 10 and 3. Have really bad morning(all day) sickness with pregnancies-hence the big gap between my girls. 2 years after the birth of my first daughter I really started working out and was in the best shape of my life. After becoming pregnant with my second daughter being so sick took a toll on my body. I lost about 15lbs the first three months and gained 10lbs the next month when I was able to stomach some food. Pregnancy does not agree with me-but considering there are many who can't have babies, I guess I'm lucky. I'm trying to get my body back into physical shape. I love lifting weights but trying not to really do too many weights until I lose most of my weight. I signed up for pole dancing/pole fit classes at my gym. Last night there wasa 1hr free introductory class. WOW! a lot harder to do than one would expect. All upper body strength. Looking at the instructors physique is motivation in itself.
Anyways nice to meet you and thanks for the cracker tip. My hubby has been eating all the leftover pieces not to mention eating all my crackers. He will be starting Cohens later this month once he goes for his yearly physical and the doctor can order up the blood work.
Ciao for now:

hi everyone

Hi well I have been buisy with my girls that I haven't posted on here so I would love to say a big congrats to everyone, you are all doing so well and to the newbies just keep going.

To elkander just letting you know there will be a whole lot of people having a go at you for doing your friends program but here goes. I know of 15 people on cohens and we all compared programs (15 good friends) and guess what!!! Those with roughly the same starting weight had basically the same program...... The blood test tests for your cholesterol levels and this will determine how much and what proteins you can have when. I am not saying that this isn't a great program because it is awesome but really if you follow your program you will get results. I am doing this for the second time and my profile didn't change one bit!!!! I could have just used my old one.... :confused: I just think that anyone who is seriously doing something to change their weight is doing something fantastic. So get on the wagon and congratulate them for changing their lives!!!

Cohens is expensive and if you have the money then great but if you don't sharing someone's program until you have saved up for your own is fantastic. Just don't forget that refeed is then tailored to your blood profile and cholesterol levels at the time you finished your program so you do need to do that by the book though.

Best of Luck

Jodee

Hi, I've been wandering around the forum, trying to get the hang of it & have just worked out how to put my ticker in(I think). Have been on Cohen's for almost 6wks-lost 10kg in 1st 4! I feel great already. Thanks for all the advise and hints. I am really enjoying the journey, Cate.

How much do you weigh now? What is your goal weight? What weight did you start?
How long have you been stuck at your current weight?

My starting weight was 117kg, I am now down to 106kg and my goal is 90kg.
I have been stuck on this weight for the past 3 weeks. I have still gone down in cm, but not kgs. I cannot figure out how to put on the ticker, I thought I had it.:confused:

hi there everyone.

I am just about to start my program on tuesday. i must admit i was very nervous because i have started so many weight loss programs in the past that haven't worked that i was thinking-how is this one going to be any different. However i have sent last night and this morning on the forum and i am now so excited about starting. I can't wait

Well done shazgcandoit you will never regret following the cohen's programme. I have tried many programmes over the last 30 years and cohens has proven so different from the rest. I found it extremely easy to stick to and never ever felt hungry or tempted. I completed my refeeding on the 24/1/2007 and I feel totally in control of my appetite. Welcome to the world of success!

thanks Lesley. wow 41kgs down. that's great. i have 42kg to get off.
i was wondering how you get those cute little weight lose tickers onto you message? can anyone tell me. hope it isn't too hard as i'm not the best at computer stuff.

Ticker Factory

Hi, the tickers are cute! Click on any ticker displayed and it will take you to the Ticker Factory where you will be able to select your own signature. It's a great way to watch your progress.
Hope you are making it through the first week ok.

hi Lesley

I have been to the ticker sight and created my own ticker, now i need to know how to get it form that sight to my own message.
only day two today. so far i have been a little hungry but as yet i have had no headaches. keep my fingers crossed.

How to get your TICKER on your posts

Hi Shazcandoit,
I copy and pasted a post asy put in ages ago regarding tickers - I hope it helps, I know how frustrating it can be.

highlight and copy the code in the BB CODE Box (just highlight and copy from to [img] otherwise it will be too long).

Now go to your USER CP (Control Panel) section of this website site. (Click on USER CP, in the top left hand side in the Site Navigation box in the corner of this, or any, screen. I suggest you open this in a different window to where your ticker code is just in case you lose the clipboard).

Then, under CONTROL PANEL (on the left) click on "Edit Signature".

There's a big box there that says EDIT SIGNATURE. (It's the box that looks like what you would normally write a post in) Put your cursor in this box and paste the copied BB code in there.[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma]Now you can click on 'Preview signature' and your new signature will show up at the top of the page.

If you are happy with it, click on "SAVE SIGNATURE".

This will place this new signature into EACH post you've ever done, or ever will do (until you alter your signature).[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma]Sometimes it will say that the signature is too long.. It probably has saved though so open another window to the cohen's forum and check whether you have a ticker or not.

Some Signature information:
Signatures are dynamic, they do not stay with the posts made at the time they were there. If you change your sig, it'll change on [B]ALL[/B] posts. This means, if you just come into a room and yell 'Ticker change' and that's IT, next time you change your signature, this information will be moot. You (and anyone else) won't be able to track your changes because this information will be gone soon.
Also, if you want to TEST your signature, there is NO NEED to make a post saying "testing signature", simply find ANY old post of yours and reload it, the signature will be there. Promise.

Anyway, that's about it. Hope it helps.:D

[/FONT][/SIZE]

Hi all

I have been struggling for the last 45 minutes trying to get my ticker up again I don't know where the last one went? it was just an update.

Well I am day 8 on refeed and very fiddly mixing poteins and up to 3 slices of bread. No reactions so far but a bit constipated like a few others here.

I have lost a total of 15.4 kg so that is exciting my weight is currently 64kg and my goal is 60kg so I hope I make it.

My refeed is 17 days and I won't be unhappy when it is finished, I have weathered this programme through alot of stress and have deviated on the odd occassion but this was due to circumstances that were out of my control.

Anyway saying all that it really is the best diet/lifestyle programme I have ever done and I do feel and look well for it. Fitting into size 10's is an amazing feeling and I hope to be into 8's when I reach 60kg.

For those of you who are new to the programme I started Cohen's the 11 Dec 2006 at 80kg.

Good luck to all and bye for now.

Sam:)

thanks mellyp. i will give that a go.

day 5 on the programe and like most people i couldn't help but jump on the scales. although they are not as accurate as professional scales they are reading a lose of 3kg so i am so pleased. i have asked my husband to take them to work today so that they are out of the house and i am not tempted to peek again.

shaz

Ticker Factory

Well done Shaz! I bet you are feeling great too now that you are over the dreaded first 3 days. Sorry I couldn't help you with the ticker, I had to have my daughter work mine out, glad Mellyp could help. Keep up the good work.

Hi everyone

Just popping in to say hi - everyone is doing so well....

I haven't lost any for nearly two weeks but this is what has been happening and then all of a sudden I'll lose 2 or 3 kgs.

It has been nearly 18 weeks now and I am looking forward to being finished. Still no deviations so I am proud of that......

I think I'll have about 6 weeks to go.

Talk soon
Sharon

Back