Cohen's Lifestyle Welcome to your new Cohens Forum

Prefix for Cohen's Lifestyle
I'm in Sydney myself Di,

Di you have lost 31.4kgs in 3mths? That is fantastic! Have you deviated much in that time or have you stuck to the program? I have stuck to the program but in the 1st week didn't realise I wasn't meant to eat salmon and was counting one salada biscuit as 1 crispbread not 2.

I love reading about everyones success. You are so inspiring.

Btw does any one do exercise?

Losing, it feels like I've been on this diet forever lol. If you want to private message me at all just click on my name and there is the option to send me a message. Everyone is welcome :)

Regards,

Irene

Hi isparkle50!
I exercise...
when i first started cohens my consultant advised me not to do any as too much excersise can make us hungry and weak (therefore making us deviate and have complex carbos or sugars to get our strength up)
but if you are already on a light exercise it should be fine.
I go to my local 'Curves' Gym..i used go up to 4-5 times a week but i found i got way too tired so i cut it down to 2 times a week..now that im up to my 4 weeks im going to build up my gym times to 3 times a week and see how it goes, then maybe 4 times..but curves generally say 3 times a week for 30 minutes each is perfect!
it also gives me peace of mind that my tuckshop lady arms are toning up :)

hope this was of some help :)

Hi Fatcat, I exercise too. I go to the gym 3 times a week(weights & cardio) & do cardio on tuesdays and thursdays . I couldn't do anymore exercise as I know I wouldn't have the energy too.

Is curves good? Do you do cardio there?

Hello

Irene
I have lost 31.4 kilo's in 6 months but 19 kilo's in 3 months with cohens the other bit was what i lost before i started cohens... cohens is much faster.
I don't do any excercise as it makes me nearly pass out. especially when it is that time of the month...

Curves is great I used to work there, it's a strength training circuit the harder you work the machines the harder you are working your muscles, it's is great cause u tone the muscles and then your body naturally burns off more calories. anyway i love it, but haven't rejoined since i left ( was pregnant)

anyway cya all

Hi di78
You must be so proud of what you have done. To be back at your high school weight must feel great.

congrats!!!

Is there anyone else that doesn't eat yoghurt - what do you have for brekkie??

Have a good day everyone.:p

Hey losing. I dont eat yoghurt for brekkie, i just cant stand it. Twice a week i have cauliflower with mozerella popped under the grill, mmmm its sooo good. Im beginning to crave it lol. On the other days i have an egg dish with veges...usually just an omellette style with mushrooms.

hey there losing

Yes i'm very proud of my efforts so far, I did fall off the wagon last 4 weeks but this week so far I have been 100% cohens and I tell you it is fallin off faster even though it has only been a week, I have lost a kilo since wednesday.
I'm so determined to make this weight loss journey as quick as possible as I really want to enjoy been a slim lady before I decide to have baby number 2, at least this time it will be a lot easier to find maternity clothes that fit me.. and hopefully I wont feel as hot..
I'm loving the skinny comments I get daily now, It is the greatest motivation by far, I've even found that sex is heaps better now, hopefully thats not too much information, anyways better go talk to you all later.
Oh by the way I eat yogurt for breakfast every morning I add a dash of fanta zero to it, super yummy..
di

losing I'm not keen on the yoghurt either but I will have it if it is mixed as a smoothie with stewed apple and sprite zero, quite nice that way. If you're not into apple, then a kiwi or mango is good as well. More common of late I have an egg, fried with a squirt of spray, and usually my veg is then tomato. Both served with 1 cracker serve and I feel like I'm have something quite 'normal' if you know what I mean. I've always loved a cooked breakfast (not an everyday occurence) so I'm not feeling deprived cos I can't have toast or cereal.
I guess what I've discovered is if there is something that you enjoy, stick with it but try to vary things within the plan. There seems to be a few people having problems with the 'boringness' of the food. Experiment. Don't give yourself the opportunity to deviate cos you are getting sick of the food. We can use some herbs and spices (ie curry, garlic etc). What about crumbing the chicken or beef with part of your cracker allowance, small changes to how we prepare our food can make the world of difference.
An easy lunch for me to prepare ahead is beef and vege burgers. They can be eaten hot or cold (I don't always have access to a microwave at work).
Anyway, good luck with it all.
Lauren

Thanks for the suggestions

:D
Hi everyone

Thanks for the suggestions - I am finding that this forum is really pushing me on and it really helps to chat with others who are doing this as well.

It isn't so much that I am bored with the food - I think I am more bored with having to think about and prepare the food. Hello - doesn't that apply to every mother in the world!!!! I guess I'm missing just being able to grab something in a hurry - just comes down to being organised....

I am particularly enjoying curried prawns for dinner and can still enjoy a BBQ so that is great. If I didn't have my diet coke caffine free I think I would go mad......

Meanwhile I'll stick to egg and veg or cheese and veg for brekkie as I can't take to yoghurt.

Hey Di78 just looked at your before and during photos on another thread and you look fab..Good on you...

Cheers

Hello all

I think I might try making some sort of rissoles made from chicken or beef does anyone have any good receipes they use and recommend.

thanks losing feedback is great, i'm gettin a fair amount of loose skin but i'm sure when all the fat is gone i'm firm up. my next goal is 70 kilo's. I think when i hit that I won't concider myself to be fat anymore, well I hope so anyway...

Cya all
di

di I make my beef veg burgers just from my allowance of both veg and beef. I make sure the veges are chopped quite fine, I use my chopping machine. Sometimes I include part or all of my cracker allowance, to help them stick together, add whatever herbs etc you feel like. I divide the mix into 2 and put them into my hamburger press. refrigerate for awhile and cook them up in the frypan. A dab of mayonnaise and yummo. I think chicken would work well too.
Lauren

Hello

I tried a chicken one for tea and it was nice but lacked a little flavour. I chopped my chicken and put it into the food processer along with semi cooked vegies and blitz and added 1 cracker and a little water chilli flakes, onion powder, salt and mixed it all and scooped it into the frypan and cooked it till both sides were golden,,, can you think of anything i should have added to make it more flavoursome, do u use many fresh herbs... i wonder if thos ones in the tubes are ok to use.

dianne

Hi Di

I think you are better to stick to dried herbs. In my plan I am not allowed bottled garlic and ginger. Makes me wonder if it's because they put something in the herbs etc to preserve them that we are not allowed - also they may add something to the juice. It also says to stay away from any preservatives.

Maybe you could grab a fresh parsley or basil plant and pick off a leaf or two when you need it.(which they say needs to be weighed as part of veg all)

Is anyone else sticking to 100% Cohen's on Christmas Day - I am and I thought if I put it out there I have a better chance of success - If anyone else wants to make this promise we can help each other through and I'll let you all know after X-mas if I was bad or good......

Something I have been doing for salads is allowence ofmayo, splash of balasamic and tiny bit of water - shake it up and it goes a lot further on my salad.

Cheers:D
Cheers

Hi a newbie here just did my first week so far so good only problem is I get very irritable and hungry afternoon/evening, even after dinner I have been chewing gum to compat the cravings the evenings was always my sugar downfall.

Out all day yesterday everyone had KFC for dinner (it was hard but I didn't) ususally I snack on the kids leftovers. Whew!!!! I got through.

Di78 sue from my clinic said the tube herbs have preserves etc so only fresh or dried. I made some veal rissoles this week and added sea salt, dried herbs,cracked pepper,(fresh )basil,garlic,onion and cumin. Lots of measuring but it still lacked flavour so probably needed more salt I also combined 2 vita's original maybe will try cracked pepper next time, hope this helps some. Congrats on your weight loss so far you must feel like a new person already.

LosingI'm going to stay with it most of the day we are having lunch at family so will still measure out brekkie and dinner but for lunch I will stay away from alcohol, desserts and have a little turkey and salad and chew gum and sip on mineral water it will be a challenge but don't want to ruin things just for one day. When did you start Cohen's I haven't been reading forum as much due kids being home now major stress time.
Take care all
Sam

Hi Nans 68

I also go to Sue in Brisbane - she's great.... I started on 15 Nov 06 and have lost approx 7.5 so far.

Well done on avoiding the KFC - yesterday I made Russian Caramel and Macadamia Nut Brittle for X-mas presents and I have to admit I didn't even feel like tasting it. I wonder if at the end we will have such a different outlook to food that naughty stuff might not seem as wonderful...I miss a glass of red more than anything...

I know once it's gone I want it gone forever....

Sue told me maccas is not inviting to her anymore, so hopefully.

Do you know where you can buy uncooked turkey breast??

Cheers

Isn't Sue fantastic.

Not sure about Turkey breast maybe try a butchers.

Well done on your weightloss I do my 4 week weigh in on the 9 Jan.

All the Best

Hello

Isn't it funny how we all see sue, she's great...
I'd go to a butcher to see if they sell them or could get some in for you, i know the butcher at maridale park at capalaba sells alot of different things but not sure if he has the turkey breasts but he does have lots of organic meats..

I'm slowly feeling like a new person, I think when I hit the 70 k mark i'll be so excited. Thats my next major goal. then obviously my next will be to get to my refeed weigh yeah...

Well hopefully on my travels today i'll find some fresh herbs yummy, i cant wait to try my chicken pattie again with a new flair...

talk to you all later..

di

Measurements

Hey Nans

Are you doing your measurements as well - I find this pretty good as even if the scales are not being kind the cms are still coming off - I lost 40 cms in my first 4 weeks ( including 13 off my waist).

I must say it would be nice if it came off my yukky bits first - but I feel as though my face and lower legs and my waist are going well but not the rest of me (especially my flabby arms). However the measurements are going down for all of them and considering I still have 24 kgs to go somewhere along the line the rest of me has to shrink too -

Best of luck - there are quite a few of us who are new (and quite a few going to Sue) so if we can support each other along the way won't that be great..

Never know we may even end up swapping clothes through Sue's Clothes Exchange.

Hi Losing 40cm is fantastic!!!!!!!

I have done my intial measures, do I do them again in 4 weeks the same as the weigh in?

Yes it's great theirs so much support out there - look forward to watching eveyones progress over this festive season.

Bye for now

I do my measurements once a week - Sue would have given you a page in your book to record them on.

Back