Cohen's Lifestyle Welcome to your new Cohens Forum

Prefix for Cohen's Lifestyle
I am not off to the best start today. I started the diet a few weeks ago only to be yanked off by my physician and fed a round of antibiotics and steroids. I went in today and got the "all clear" to start AND the great news that I am 7.27 kg heavier than I was. I could just cry right now.

Major hugs to you theinnerme.... time to get back on the program and go go go.

TASM82 what's up? Look at the AMAZING progress you have made WOW. what an inspiration for someone like me just at the start. Have you done your measurements? Perhaps you need a nice night out at the movies or a concert or friends place, not revolving around food, let your hair down, have a good belly laugh or ten, and get back on the bike in the morning. Wishing you all the best. Remember NEVER GIVE UP.

Just new

Hi there

I am about to start Cohens and had my blood test a few days ago. Any tips for the first week??

Are any of you from Australia. Wondering if the clinic's here have a good reputation??

Losing

g'day Losing,

most of us are Aussies!!! Cool, eh'?

Where abouts are you? I know my clinic is exceptional, I go to the one in Brisbane (Lytton Rd) with Sue and Karin.

t-i-m, You have had a setback, but you have two options, one is to throw your hands in the air and say 'shit, it's all too hard' and give up, the other is to just start and get moving. Only one of these options will give you the result you want. Don't fret about the extra weight, just start! you'll be past it in no time.

Let us know how it goes.

asy :D

Hey Everyone!
Im am extremely new member so hope to make some great weight losing buddies on this site for motivation and encouragement!
I started the Cohens diet last friday (17th November 2006) and went for my first week check up this morning (24th) and weight check to see how i was going.
i couldnt believe when i jumped on the scales id lost 5.2 kilo!
i was amazed!! ive always been a yo-yo dieter my whole life but recently have been diagnosed with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome...one of the causes of my creeping weight gain over the years!
So i decided to join and hopefully motivate all you other chicks in our fight to win the battle of the bulge!! :D

I think i can i think i can i KNOW i can i WILL!!!

Wow

Hi FatCat - wow that is a fantastic loss in your first week!! Well done!! You will ssoooo love this program, you see results so quickly and watch yourself transform right in front of your eyes!! Well Done and Congratulations for taking the first step to a new you!! Keep it up and stick to it 100% and you will get there in no time!

ive decided i will only post once a week to let everyone know how im going and NOT weigh myself till my week four (i think its a blessing in disguise that i dont have a set of scales at home!)
at the moment everything seems like its going great guns...even though this is the end of day 10...i just have so much motivation to finish this!! (and to see the looks of certain people faces at my results!!)
Was at my friends house today..and she was devouring a deep pan supreme pizza (which smelled AWESOME!) while i just ate an orange and drank my water hhehe..its good to have friends that support you and dont feel embarrased to eat in front of you in case they offend you!
i just looked at that pizza and thought...id rather be skinny then knee deep in fat!!!!

so that was my thought for the day :)
have a great week everyone xXx

Hi asyoz

I also go to Sue at East Brisbane - I have been doing the program for almost 4 weeks and go for my first real weigh in in Wed. I must admit I am having up days and down days but am very glad to see weight being shifted. I have had a number of medical problems over the years that have made weight easy to gain and slow to lose, but this time seems to be working.

Have you been doing cohens for long....

Seeyou

Last edited:
update Dec 06

Hi everyone .. this forum is not nearly so active as the one we had before, oh well .. just wanted to let those of you who have just started that after bring on Cohen's since July this year, I have lost 26 kilos and am within about 2-5 kilos of goal, which as a life-long fattie is a real achievement. A friend said there is no taste as sweet as being able to walk into a shop and fitting into clothes! Wishing you much success, especially over the festive season.:D

Hi everyone .. this forum is not nearly so active as the one we had before, oh well .. just wanted to let those of you who have just started that after bring on Cohen's since July this year, I have lost 26 kilos and am within about 2-5 kilos of goal, which as a life-long fattie is a real achievement. A friend said there is no taste as sweet as being able to walk into a shop and fitting into clothes! Wishing you much success, especially over the festive season.:D

Well done ttt. Thats a great Christmas present to be nearly finished!

I think the board is still pretty active (although quiet the last week or so). You'll find most people post in the other "sticky" post - Cohen's lifestyle-New, rather than in this post. and the fact that there are lots of threads means that the main threads aren't as active as they were.

Hi, Everyone Iam new at this have only been on Cohens for a week, haven,t weighed myself but have lost 20cms in all, have about 33kgs to lose, so will be glad when Christmas is over. So far so good I don't feel at all hungry. Look forward to lots of support from all the long timers.

Hi BigBird, Welcome!! and Congrats on your cm loss so far well done!!!
This thread dosn't see much action you might want to post in the other sticky thread - the Cohen's Lifestyle Support...new thread. See you in there!

Hi Big Bird

Hi and welcome

I have only been doing cohens for 4 weeks (today actually) and have similiar amount to lose. I am going for my first weigh in tonight so I am looking forward to that -
good luck with it and hope to chat to you (I post on this thread as the other one is much busier).

Seeyou
Losing

Why are mothers not more selfish

Am a bit disappointed that my weigh in showed 6.6 - it sounds silly because that is 6.6 less than I weighed last month but I have been so strict that I had hoped for about 8.0. Nevermind - onwards and downwards - everyday has to bring me closer to 50 than I have been for ages. Trick is varying food and measuring the amount of water to make sure that I am getting 3 litres. A friend lost more so they are very happy with that - but again that sux because they are not as strict as me. At least I am not having a down day today and have helped the kids make christmas cookies and chocolate slice (neither of which I can sample) but that is good because I need to learn self restraint and once it is all done I hope this new found will power will carry over and I won't be a glutton or think of my weight in unrealistic terms. I am hoping to know what foods are good for me and to only occassionly have a treat (including a glass of red). Why is it that as a mother I constantly think about what is good and healthy for my kids and that all their needs are being met, but rarely give a thought to my own - when in fact one of their needs is to have a healthy mum who enjoys life. It must be such a common thing and I wonder why we do this to ourselves - funny I thought ours was supposed to be a selfish generation….well I am being a little more selfsh now and hopefully they will thank me for it - ohh I forgot to show them in dog food cans how much I have lost so far...

Do others feel the same??:)

Hi Losing, my 1st weigh in was Monday and I lost 6.6kgs too. I know how you feel about being disappointed but it really is a big loss. I have a total of 20kgs to lose so don't know if that's the reason I didn't lose more weight..hmmm

I'm a mum too so understand that we always put our families needs before our own.

Time to put your needs up there with everyone else's and do give yourself a pat on the back because you deserve it for what you have achieved already.

Irene

Thanks Irene

Hi Irene

It makes me feel a lot better hearing someone else is at a similiar stage and also after taking 9 x 700gram dog food tins and showing the kids how much I have lost.

We have similiar amounts to lose - I have 28 altogether, and we must have started at roughly the same time.

Be good to keep in touch - will you be posting on this thread regularly??

Just about to have curried chicken and vege...

Cheers

Yep, I read the forums daily but if you would like we could private message one another if that would help. I need all the help I can get lol

Curried chicken! Yummmm

Irene

Hi Irene

I am a bit new to forums and don't even know how to private message, but am certainly happy to try,

I check this thread most days so I can probably chat to you through here.

I haven't had to buy new clothes yet, as I think I might have been on the verge of outgrowing my old ones. I am looking forward to getting some new ones and going to the shops and not looking for ways to hide the fat.

Our clinic (Brisbane - Sue) is starting a clothes bank so I am going to drop off all my big clothes so hopefully everyone else will, and our in-between clothes won't cost so much.

I'm off to work today where I find it is much easier to not think about food - after all I have set breaks and set food packed for me and I don't go near shops. I find at home the pantry is very close, but I am resisting the temptation. But of course, they are having christmas lunch at work today but they all know what I am doing and I didn't put in money when they asked.

I tell you when I first started and went to my information evening I thought - Oh yeah 4-5 months that isn't so long, but I swear that time has since slowed down and 28 days has felt like a long time. I really admire the ladies that have been doing this for a year and beyond. Or anyone that get through to the refeed, these thoughts help keep me going.

Cheers

Hello Irene

I go to see sue in brisbane too. i have loads of clothes that I could drop off. I didn't know that she was doing it....

I was told it would take 3 months to lose my weight but that 3 months was on wednesday so i think it may take me 5 months at least. i can't wait to see the new me. I have never ever been skinny oh actually i think i was in year 1 but who remembers that..

anyway take care
di

Back