Heres a easier workout:

Sunday- Chest, Shoulders, triceps,
Monday- Legs, Back, Biceps
Tuesday- Rest,
Wendesday- Chest, Shoulders, Tricpes
Thursday- Rest
Friday- Legs, Back, Biceps
Saturday- Rest

And for ABS, put that where you feel comfortable, just workout your abs 3-4 times a week.

longjohn21 said:
Monday and Thursday
BENCH PRESS
DUMBELL FLYES
BARBELL CURL
CONCENTRATION CURL
CLOSE GRIP BENCH PRESS
FRENCH PRESS

Tuesday & Friday
BENT OVER ROW
LAT PULL-DOWNS
MILITARY PRESS
SIDE LATERALS
SHRUGS
SQUATS LEG PRESS
LEG EXTENSION
LEG CURL

Needs some work, you are overworking your triceps with having presses every day you lift.

I think you'd be better putting all of the pushing exercises on monday and thursday and all pulling on tuesday and friday, or switch them.

You have some good exercises, but you still need deadlifts.

You could also do an upper/lower split.

i always thought it wasent good to have tris and chest on the same day... and im tryong to keep my workout to the weekdays, any suggestions? and whats the importance of deadlifts anyways? thanks

Last edited:
longjohn21 said:
i always thought it wasent good to have tris and chest on the same day... and im tryong to keep my workout to the weekdays, any suggestions?

No, its fine to have chest and triceps on the same day, tricep exercises are pushing exercises. the military presses are also a pushing exercise that use the triceps though, so if you are doing bench press and triceps one day, and then military presses another, you are using your triceps every day.

Suggestions...read what I suggested already.

longjohn21 said:
military is for shoulders and close grip bench press is for triceps

Those are the primary muscles, but mil press also uses triceps to press and close grip bench will also use anterior delts (front shoulder head), same as a regular bench press.

I would suggest like AJP and put curls with your back exercises and mil press and triceps on chest day. How about a three day split? Bench/tris on monday, back/bis on wed, and legs/shoulders on thursday or friday?

ok guys thanks, i actually got that routine from a weight training webpage. for intermediate trainers. its funny cuz every forum i go to has something to say about routines. For example whats good here is not good on anohter forum. Its kinda confusing.

but now if im doing chest and tris on the same day wont i be working my tris too much on that day?, counting bench presses and fly press etc also counting as a tri workout, ill be doing like 6-8 workouts for my tris if i add my tri day as the same as my chest day what do u think?

but tris are best worked when hit in a compound movement.. its like biceps.. rows, chins/pullups and stuff like that make your biceps strong and big ;)

Back