Skurgeon’s Diary

In the beginning I had a lot of clothing (mostly t shirts and jeans ) that didn’t fit and they became goals to be able to wear again. And it happened! I got to wear some things again that had sat in my closet for years. Then I kept losing weight and now those things are way too big.

It’s a mind f#$@

I had one pair of jeans that I tried on as a joke in the beginning knowing they weren’t going to fit but I couldn’t even get them too far past my knees. Those same jeans now won’t even stay on. They would fall off and end up around my ankles if I wore them.

It makes me hesitant still to buy new clothes. I’m always thinking I should wait a couple of months but the seasons change and I don’t want to wear baggy clothes when I look so much better now in something closer to my size.

I have so many 2XL shirts from years past but I’m somewhere in between an XL and a L. When I wear the 2XL shirts they’re so unflattering.

Had a similar problem with my winter coats. It’s kind of funny to wear a 5XL winter coat which makes me look huge and then take it off and be a third of the size you think I am. But it’s still warm and functional… going to need to get a new one this coming winter.

I just hate spending money on clothes that end up being like something I rented instead of owned and could use.

Glad to hear it. It's the one thing about cycling I hate...

Maybe you could find just a couple of decent pieces to wear on days when you want to feel especially good about yourself. See how it feels and go from there.

Could you have some clothes altered to fit? It would feel less wasteful. I think it's important to have a few things that you feel really good in. We don't need that many clothes.

Could you have some clothes altered to fit? It would feel less wasteful. I think it's important to have a few things that you feel really good in. We don't need that many clothes.
My mom is pretty much a seamstress. She hemmed and “let out” a lot of pants growing up and as an adult but this stuff is beyond alteration. Then there’s the concert t-shirts so many of those.

I’ve already given most of the 4xl, 5XL and 6xl stuff to good will. I kept one super sized pair of pants, a shirt and hoodie…. I feel like I should just as a memory. Same pants I take the photos in.

So the 3xl and 2XL shirts remain but they’re turning into a plethora of house lounge wear.

I bet your Mum could alter some of them. I kept one really big outfit that I bought in Baltimore on one of my trips to visit my sister. I'm almost too scared to try it on in case it isn't really huge on me! Buy some really smart clothes. Just one really nice outfit that makes you feel special.

I’m in another city tonight to see a concert! Been a long time since I’ve been in a crowd to see a show.

I use to live in this city years ago and I had to stop by a mom and pop shop my family and I would go to at least once a week on the way home from grocery shopping. Going back almost 40 years!

It’s an Italian sandwich shop. My best guess is my sandwich has about 1200 calories in it. I ate 1/2 now and then I’ll eat the other half in about 3 hours before going into the show. I’m so full from the half that I might not be able to

Might not be everyone’s cup of tea but for me this is ridiculously delicious. I would weigh 500 pounds if I lived anywhere near here.

these things are as big as my iPad. I brought a cooler and ice along and bought 4 sandwiches. (2 are for my mom and dad). $52.50! Wow!

What was Elvis' giant sandwich called again? Can't think why that suddenly came to mind...

What was Elvis' giant sandwich called again? Can't think why that suddenly came to mind...
I had to Google this because you peaked my interest.

From Wikipedia

Fool's Gold Loaf is a sandwich made by the Colorado Mine Company, a restaurant in Denver, Colorado. It consists of a single warmed, hollowed-out loaf of bread filled with the contents of one jar of creamy peanut butter, one jar of grape jelly, and a pound of bacon.

Fool's Gold Loaf
Fool's Gold Loaf (8720348111).jpg
TypeSandwich
Place of originUnited States
Region or stateDenver, Colorado
Created byColorado Mine Company
Main ingredientsBread, creamy peanut butter, grape jelly, bacon
Food energy
(per serving)
~1,000[1] kcal
The sandwich's connection to the singer Elvis Presley is the source of its legend and prolonged interest. According to The Life and Cuisine of Elvis Presley, Presley and his friends took his private jet from Graceland, purchased 30 of the sandwiches, and spent two hours eating them and drinking Perrier and champagne before flying home.

It says 1000 calories per serving but that can’t be one sandwich. A loaf of bread, a jar of peanut butter, a jar of jam and a pound of bacon is way way more than 1000 calories.

Man that concert last night was a blast. I’m infatuated with the singer and she leveled the place last night.

Non Scale Victory

Had a bit of car trouble. I have a keyless push button start car but my battery died so I could not unlock the doors to get in to pop the hood to get a boost from a co-worker. But I was able to get the trunk open. Which let me fold down the rear seats.

Now I have a small 2 door coupe with basically no back seat especially when my drivers and passenger seat is pushed as far back as possible which also means that the rear seats don’t actually fold down… they hit the backs of the driver and passenger seats. And the opening from trunk to passenger compartment is not big..

So I was able to climb into my trunk… slide through the opening…up the ramp that was the folded down seats and go over the top of the front passenger seat and unlock my doors.

I wasn’t sure if I would be be able to fit but I totally did and it was easy. NO WAY I could have done that before.

Anyways, got the hood open, got the jumper cables out, started the car and got my battery replaced the next morning. (It was over 5 years old and wasn’t holding charge anymore)

way better than calling a tow truck to break into my car.

So I had a bit of a binge/over eating episode last night. The culprit? Spicy Jamaican Patties.

I bought a box of 10 frozen Pattie’s last week. Had 1 a couple of days ago and it tasted great.

last night at the end of the day I was all done eating for the day and went to bed but was having trouble sleeping. Was a couple of hours past my bed time just laying in bed. Got up and made myself a patty (they’re about 300 calories each)

10 minutes in the air fryer from frozen they come out perfect. I had the one and then I put 2 more in the air fryer. 10 minutes later I ate those 2 … and then I put a 4th and a 5th inside the air fryer and 10 minutes later I ate those 2….. and then I put a 6th and a 7th in the air fryer and 10 minutes later I ate those 2 and then I was done. Added an extra 2100 calories to my day.

Ended up with 4809 calories total on the day.
530 grams of carbs
163 grams of fat
323 grams of protein.

woke up this morning just 1.4 pounds heavier than the day before.

Normal day today, normal calories, workout. Had 1 patty during the day and there’s only 1 left now in the freezer.

So I’m not bummed out or anything, I’m just thinking I’ve discovered another item I can’t buy in bulk and bring into the house.

It is weird to track a binge. Takes the mindlessness right out of the equation when I’m weighing and logging each thing as I eat it. But I still didn’t stop. And I had plenty of time between with the cooking time to contemplate what I was doing but I just wanted to keep eating them.

Heres the interesting thing. My workout today (about 20 hours after the binge) was one of the best I’ve ever had. I was so strong… like overtly, unmistakably stronger and I had veins bulging from the back of my hands, up my forearms and up my biceps on both arms (was working chest and triceps)

Ive never seen that before and I think it looks cool as shit! LOL.

So in the end I think I’m going to try and raise my carbohydrates per day. I’m thinking to try to keep them between 300 and 350 daily while keeping my calories the same by backing off the protein a bit.

something like
300 carb
75 fat
206 protein

that’s about 2700 calories.

Heres the interesting thing. My workout today (about 20 hours after the binge) was one of the best I’ve ever had. I was so strong… like overtly, unmistakably stronger and I had veins bulging from the back of my hands, up my forearms and up my biceps on both arms (was working chest and triceps)
Carbs can definitely play a role there but I wouldn't be surprised if sodium did, too. Either way you're eating plenty of protein so switching some out for carbs won't hurt you.

Back