Skurgeon’s Diary

Looking phenomenal, dude!

Looking phenomenal, dude!
Thanks!

I’ve got my arms up to 17 inches, According to a science based calculator that is my genetic limit of how much muscle I can put on my arms without the use of steroids.

Pretty interesting. You have to input a bunch of stats. Your height, the circumference of various parts of your body like wrist and ankle etc… I wanted to think that it’s not an accurately predictable thing but it seems to be from what I’ve read.

I supposedly could lose about 10.1 pounds of fat and gain about 16.3 pounds of muscle to reach my genetic limit. That’s a lot of muscle! I think if I’m super dedicated to diet and exercise I “might” be able to add 3 pounds in the next 12 months.

When I imputed my ankle circumference of 10.125 inches the calculator was like : “Are you sure? That’s pretty big”

These ankles have been heavy weight lifting for decades!:cool:

I would be very surprised if you'd be close to your natural genetic limit after such a short time lifting, but would do I know? Lol at the calculator's response to your ankles :D

I would be very surprised if you'd be close to your natural genetic limit after such a short time lifting, but would do I know? Lol at the calculator's response to your ankles :D
I’ve e been curling burgers and beers consistently for a long time.

Also it’s only my arms that the calculator says is at my limit. Every other body part is several inches below genetic limit. Makes me think it’s accurate because my arms have been this size for awhile now. They do start to look different as I get leaner but they don’t get any bigger or smaller.

After a workout they get up to like 17.5 with a pump but that’s short lived. I’m not complaining . 17 inch arms are kind of crazy. If you have a flexible tape measure make a 17 inch loop with it to get a perspective.

What can I say except that you have been blessed in your ability to build muscle and of course the dedication to put in the hard work, too. Your upper body looks astonishing!

I find your posts to be very motivating. I've now been lifting for a year and the change in mindset going from "I'm chubby and pasty" to "I'm a beast" is a trip and a half. While I was never obese, I was very curvy, which in my head is kinda the same thing but of course my circumstances are a bit unusual. But I do think that I can at least in some ways relate to the mindset of a guy who used to be the size of a micro car and who's now visibly athletic and strong as hell. Like, while I operate on my natural estrogen-heavy endocrine balance still, it's such a great feeling to notice that my body is bulking up and feeling harder/more solid.

And while I'm no sports scientist, I bet that people who used to be very obese and women/AFAB people share certain benefits when it comes to body building. As you said yourself, carrying that extra weight around has made sure your lower body is strong AF, same with folks with lots of estrogen, the legs just basically build themselves. And of course building muscle requires a shit-ton of energy that's readily available in adipose tissue, so lifting really, truly is the best thing a fat person can do to work towards a healthy body. I know I'm rambling but what I'm trying to get to here is that our species developed the ability to get fat for a reason, and the sooner we stop shaming fat people and tell them/ourselves that we are unhealthy, and instead put all that energy towards realizing that fat is just an energy storage that can be put to good use, the closer we are to ending the obesity epidemic. Weight on it's own is just a bad metric of health; it can give a rough estimate of what's going on, but that's all. According to the BMI, I am currently 20kg overweight but you'd never be able to tell just by looking at my body. Muscle weighs a LOT. I have gained weight since I joined this forum but I can tell by the way my clothes fit and what I can do with my body that this is the right direction to go in.

Sorry about the weird waffle. I'm just so happy for you and how you clearly thrive and derive joy and pleasure from you physical ability. Your arms and chest look absolutely gorgeous, I hope that's OK to say (if not, I'll edit it out!).

What can I say except that you have been blessed in your ability to build muscle and of course the dedication to put in the hard work, too. Your upper body looks astonishing!

I find your posts to be very motivating. I've now been lifting for a year and the change in mindset going from "I'm chubby and pasty" to "I'm a beast" is a trip and a half. While I was never obese, I was very curvy, which in my head is kinda the same thing but of course my circumstances are a bit unusual. But I do think that I can at least in some ways relate to the mindset of a guy who used to be the size of a micro car and who's now visibly athletic and strong as hell. Like, while I operate on my natural estrogen-heavy endocrine balance still, it's such a great feeling to notice that my body is bulking up and feeling harder/more solid.

And while I'm no sports scientist, I bet that people who used to be very obese and women/AFAB people share certain benefits when it comes to body building. As you said yourself, carrying that extra weight around has made sure your lower body is strong AF, same with folks with lots of estrogen, the legs just basically build themselves. And of course building muscle requires a shit-ton of energy that's readily available in adipose tissue, so lifting really, truly is the best thing a fat person can do to work towards a healthy body. I know I'm rambling but what I'm trying to get to here is that our species developed the ability to get fat for a reason, and the sooner we stop shaming fat people and tell them/ourselves that we are unhealthy, and instead put all that energy towards realizing that fat is just an energy storage that can be put to good use, the closer we are to ending the obesity epidemic. Weight on it's own is just a bad metric of health; it can give a rough estimate of what's going on, but that's all. According to the BMI, I am currently 20kg overweight but you'd never be able to tell just by looking at my body. Muscle weighs a LOT. I have gained weight since I joined this forum but I can tell by the way my clothes fit and what I can do with my body that this is the right direction to go in.

Sorry about the weird waffle. I'm just so happy for you and how you clearly thrive and derive joy and pleasure from you physical ability. Your arms and chest look absolutely gorgeous, I hope that's OK to say (if not, I'll edit it out!).

im blessed and cursed that my body responds to whatever I do. Gain weight, lose weight, build muscle, it seems to respond aggressively.

edit… and no everything you said was fine and appreciated. Thank you.

1655806871850.gif

I am not aware of a good formula for individual body parts, however this is the formula for total lean mass.

Yesterday was 30 month mark from when I started losing weight. Started at 402 and was 212 yesterday maintaining a 190 pound loss.

I started this year at 217 pounds. Got as low as 203 and as high as 220 so far in 2022.

I like being sub 215 but it’s not really concerning for me. I’m more focused on the aesthetics of my physique. Lately it’s been my side and rear deltoid muscles. Weightlifting has helped me tremendously but it is more all encompassing than just trying to lose weight. I don’t know if that’s a good thing or a bad thing. I do need to add some more cardio for overall health benefits I believe.

Spent the last couple of weeks taking care of friends home while they travelled on vacation. They have a nice swimming pool to take care of and a cat to pet and feed. Swimming is so great an exercise! I got some good sun over the last few days. It’s amazing how much a tan helps make your muscles look more impressive.

hope everyone is doing well. I have been away from the site for awhile.

Good to hear you're doing well! That tan showing more contrast and therefore making muscles more impressive is why white bodybuilders all look like tan carrots on show day :D Swimming is awesome and I should do more of it but my swim buddy is trying to conceive and her doctor won't let her swim now...

Good to hear you're doing well! That tan showing more contrast and therefore making muscles more impressive is why white bodybuilders all look like tan carrots on show day :D Swimming is awesome and I should do more of it but my swim buddy is trying to conceive and her doctor won't let her swim now...

Tanned Carrots! Lol. 🥕

My Portuguese genetics have blessed me with the ability to get pretty dark if I choose to.

Incorporating swimming long-term sounds like good cardio. You are looking good, Skurgeon.

I love my back! A tan and some flattering lighting helps too. I’m 215 in these pictures this morning. No pump. Just woke up this way.

D394F46A-4D1A-4D01-B76F-6D5418B0FD73.jpegC7F5C77F-D51E-4567-AAD0-FDA6383340BC.jpeg

Back