Skurgeon’s Diary

That's awesome! Not everyone is able to really "see" their new body, regardless of how big the change is.

So my weight seems to really be stabilizing. The last 10 days I’ve been between 203 and 206. Maybe this is my maintenance weight?

205 pound man eating 2700 to 3000 calories a day.

I could eat less calories if I wanted to keep losing weight. I was eating 2250 for almost a year without any issues it seemed. But I like where I’m at right now and I like the volume of food I get to eat.

I still feel like I’ll get a little lower on my current calories eventually. So for now no changes to diet and exercise and see if my weight actually holds where it’s at over a longer time frame.

So I had a bit of a binge episode last week.

I was between 203 and 206 pounds from March 3rd till March 23rd.

I woke up 206.4 on the 23rd and for some reason that day while at the grocery store I decided to buy a box of macadamia nut cookies (fresh baked from their bakery), a small bag of chocolate and caramel covered almonds (the combination seemed interesting) and a thick bar of some special Belgium chocolate.

I rationalized that I would just eat these things slowly and enjoy them over many days but that’s not what happened at all. Once I started eating those cookies I couldn’t stop, they’re just too good… or something else just gets triggered inside me. So I ate the entire box of cookies and the chocolate covered almonds and the bar of chocolate that night and finished what was left the next morning. It only made me more hungry and when they were gone I found myself having to make extra meals that day and the next… eating even thou I was physically full.

23rd woke up 206.4 and bought the shit
24th woke up 209.4 and ate more of the shit
25th woke up 211. Had no more shit but overate my regular food
26th woke up 216.4. This is where I had a talk with myself about my behavior and went back on plan.
27th woke up 213.8
28th 210.6
29th 210.4
30th 207.6
31st 209
April 1st. 207.6
Today.. 205.6

Theres just some things I can’t have around obviously. I think if I bought a package with 1 or 2 cookies in it that would be fine because of the forced portion control. But a box of 25 to 30 is just too dangerous.

Same thing with ice cream. I just cannot have it in the house. It’s like a bomb with a timer on it that starts when I open the lid. Cakes and pies would be the same.

Other things I’m totally fine with. Huge 2kg bag of Reese peanut butter chocolate chips. Been eating out of it 15 grams at a time for about 4 months. Frozen yogurt ice cream treats in the freezer. They’re okay. I forget that they’re even there. Protein bars, they’re like chocolate bars, lots of them here, ready to eat, delicious,…. They’re not a problem.

Glad I’m back to 205 but those 3 days gave me some PTSD flashbacks of the way I was 2 years ago.

I for sure can eat these things in the future but like I said. I need some forced portion control.

Sorry to hear you tripped but it sounds like you broke your fall pretty well. Maintenance definitely has its own problems.

It is scary when you see how quickly you could be back where you once were. Good for you snapping out of it. I bought some cheese & onion rice crackers to take away with us next weekend to go out with an antipasto platter for visitors & I swear they were singing out to me yesterday. I hid them in a bucket in the pantry. If they are delicious I won't buy them again. I would rather have a little of something like that when out & about than have them at home tempting me. We buy an occasional treat from a cafe & that does me. I don't have any sweet biscuits or cake at home.

Yeah, i basically put myself on a time out. 😂😂😂😂

it took 8 days to erase 3 days (more like 2.5)

the glass half full side of me says that’s not so bad.
The glass half empty side of me says that’s 11 days wasted to be back where you started.

I am alright. Just another lesson learned in this silly thing we call life.

So my weight has really stabilized. I’ve been exactly 206.4 for the last 6 days. Super freaky to not be going slightly up or down but whatever!

So I guess I have to say that I’m officially in some form of maintenance? Still trying to gain muscle and burn fat but maybe as a body recomp so I won’t see the scale moving?

I’m still seeing progress in myself. Muscle separation, and details and veins… all getting a little more visible every week.

My lowest weight was 203 but that was short lived because I was 205 2 days later. I’m good with this weight and the way I’m eating.

Had a doctors appointment today and went over the latest blood work. I’ve cut my total cholesterol and my bad cholesterol in half from where it was in 2018. He said that’s remarkable and hasn’t seen that happen in anyone without using some type of medication. So he’s super happy with me and told me to just keep doing what I’m doing.

Interesting to see what happens in the next few months when the weather warms up and I get on my bicycle. That will add a lot of cardio to my routine.

But for now if I stay in this 204 to 208 range while eating 2700 to 3000 calories a day while looking and feeling like this than I’m a happy camper.

Last edited:
I'm sure you already knew you were doing great but seeing it in your bloodwork and hearing it from your doctor must have been an additional boost. Awesome!

I'm sure you already knew you were doing great but seeing it in your bloodwork and hearing it from your doctor must have been an additional boost. Awesome!
I was surprised that he had never seen anyone improve their markers to this extent with just diet and exercise.

Losing as much weight as you did without artificial assistance is vanishingly rare. I'm not surprised that the accompanying health benefits on this scale should be just as rare

3B11DAB5-09A1-48EF-815F-67D7EC382135.jpegD960181F-E0BA-4820-BE8F-F42E9C950723.jpeg

Back