Ryofire's Journal

8/20/08

I did a brief session of Cardio this morning of Jump Rope worked really hard today yet again and put up with alot of other bull****......yet again. Customer Service seriously contridicts itself. I swear it's like even though you try your hardest and actually care about doing the right thing you still just get **** for it. No matter what you do, no matter how much you may try, someone somewhere will always have somthing negative to say.

It got better after I got out of work when I did my session of Body Weight Exercises.

Last edited:
8/22/08 with new updated pics

Major training day here's new updated pics.

8/23/08

I feel the need to continue to update this thing as much as possible. With my current training scedule it seems that there are alot of things I need to catch up on.

I have to for one mention the fact that I have been doing Resistance/Strength training and Practicing Hung Gar for the time being.

The main reason I'm doing this is because I need to improve my physical performance all around.

Lately though I'm not going to lie I'm using it as an excuse for eating more then I already should be during the day. I need to cut down On the whole Idea of eating more then I need. At the same time I need to make sure I'm maintaining enough energy during during. Most importantly I definetly need to make sure that I am getting proper rest after training.

I tend to be very Irritable when I don't get enough rest.

9/9/08

"A battle with pride and ego.
A journey that started long ago.
Life time of passion and war.
Rebel Inside.

Legends in our lifetime.
We have our hearts set in the past.
And eyes towards the future.
Rebel Inside."

-Hammerfall, Rebel Inside.

Finally I'm going back to school. I plan on getting my certificate in Exercise and Health Sciences. My first class was today. Also today was the first time I went back to Hung Gar in a long time.

I know I discussed how my main goal was to become lean and cut at the beggining of my journal. I also feel the need to discuss that another one of my main goals is to be all that I can be. Not just with being in absolutly great physical shape, but in general a better person for myself.

I greatly believe in being a hero in your own epic. Because of that my head is often stuck in the comics and what not. One of my main instructers at my Hung Gar school told me tonight that I watch too many Kung Fu movies and that when I train he thinks that my head is often stuck in those movies as I train. It got me to thinking that my pride and ego get the best of me. It's because of this that I'm often looked at as an arrogant and selfish person. In the past I have been often critisized too greatly and as a result of these things I have felt the need to change. Although I do believe in change I feel that I have been changing too much to fit people's needs who I really don't need to please. I come off as arrogant and "defensive" as one of my friend's put it because most of my life I let people just walk all over me. I let them walk all over me and make my decisions for me. That's why I got fat and that's why I was weak. Most importantly that's why I lost alot of great people in my life. It's because I don't do nothing about it, because I sit around complain and take no action, because I was afraid of failing and being hurt, and most importantly not having the people I want to remember me remember me.

That's why my head's in the Kung Fu movies and in the comics as some people put it. I sometimes wish I could have their powers and abilities so that I could be a greater person and with that help more people. This is something I feel the great need to mention to everyone who looks at this. I WILL NEVER EVER TURN MY BACK ON THOSE WHO NEED ME!!! You can physically, spiritually, mentally, and emotionally abuse me, but I'll still be the same person I'll always be. I'm guided by my gods.

9/13/08

PROCRASTINATION!

More and more I just seem to really procrastinate. I procrastinate school work and what not. Now more recently I've been procrastinating my own goals and health. I have so much going on in my life. School full time and Part Time Work. ARRRRRGGGG!!! :violent2: I'm not Superman by all means. What's even worse is that not everyone around me understands. They're just all like oh don't worry about it and what not.

I have Faimly and friends who are backstabbers what's worse is that I'm stuck here and really stressed out from everything. I wish I was never around all the people I knew who are just plain fools. That's all you can really say about them.

They use everything I love and hold sacred against me and what not. tghey turn it around and make me the bad guy I ****ING HATE THEM!!! There's nothing I can do about it untill I finish school and get a better job. I have to seek part time work and what not. I should have followed up today with that job thing. DAMN IIIIITTTT!!!!!!!

Oh yea and all this stress and everything around me is causing me to lose focus and dtermination of all things that I once loved!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!

9/15/08

From the previous post you can in my journal you can sure as hell tell that I have alot going on in my life right now. It's the littlest things that matter most to me right now. Plain and simple all I have to say is that the gods well they leave no choices. I'm scared as **** now, but I'm riding the storm anyways. Despite all this **** I'm still the same person I've always been.

9/16/08

As a response to NBS, thanks. Continuing on, Life is a battlefield as I have said countless times before I will never stop fighting for the things I love the most. I'm kind of an idealist I guess in that sense.

Tonight I practiced some Hung Gar. Boy was that a tough challenge.

9/17/08

Dude I gotta be more careful. I almost died today. I felt a terrible pain in my chest and it was because of anxiety and stress. I was scared man.:eek2:

9/18/08

Hung Gar tonight was burtual like always. I do realize that I indeed have a long way to go before I am ready to become all I can be.

At the same time I have giving myself less credit then I have ever needed because of the fact that I let people take control of me. When the time comes for me to truly need to defend myself I have the gods as my shield and yes I know this sounds really dungeons and dragons like, but but without the gods by myside I am nothing but a man. Life is a battlfield as I've always said. I never back down nor do I ever "turn the other cheek" forgiveness is definetly alot more then just being sorry to me, but then again I sometimes am an unforgiving man. You'd be very lucky if I ever forgive you or ever did forgive you.

I use Hung Gar for the purpose of self defense and self defense only. I will never kneel to the false and even if it means my life I'll never back down and give up. Why should I have to be 100% like everyone else. I don't have to explain myself to poeple who are going to hate me for everything I say, do, or will do. You don't have to read never comment on my journal if you're going to talk **** about me and disagree with me completly on what I say. If you can't respect me for anything at all why should I respect you. That's why I'm in this game to prove to all the suckers out there that I can do it. Yes, I am the biggest self blamer that I know and well that's who I am. When I screw up everyone gets on my ass and everyone knows because people like to make me the bad guy because it's easier for them to make me the bad guy because I'm just slightly different then they are. They like to use everything I love and hold sacred against me and though they do I still never back down.

Despite what anyone tells you I'm an American and this is the land of the free and the home of the brave.

As Captain America says it, "Freedom Prevails."

When you are trying to deal with these stressful situations, your blood pressure will spike, and your body suffers. Nobody is worth that. NOBODY.

Here's a suggestion (and this is always easier said than done), but here goes:

Try channeling all that negative crap in your life into your workouts. Get rid of it and make sure it stays where it belongs: in the gym. Don't bring it home. Then when you get up every morning, you won't feel the weight of the world on your shoulders. It's a new day.

You know, people p*ss me off all the time. In fact, not a day goes by where somebody doesn't do or say something completely asinine to me. I expect it (I work in a lawfirm). But it doesn't bother me. The way I look at it is "they have to live with themselves 24/7. I only have to put up with them for X hours/minutes."

In my mind, I always have the advantage, regardless of the situation. Turn it around and make these crappy situations work FOR you, not AGAINST you :) Draw some lines in the sand and define YOUR boundaries. Sometimes people only do what they think they can get away with. Families seem to be the worst for this. Feel free to PM me if you need some strategies for coping with a$$hole family members.

Bottom line: You will get through this. It's just a test of inner strength and fortitude.

And like NBS 4life said "What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger." Good words to live by.

9/19/08

Stats for resistance training (meh kind of a weak day):

Wide Grip Pull Ups(wasn't to wide unfortunetly): 1x9

Dumbell Press: 2x12 (20 pounds)

Handstand Push Ups: 1x8 (need to work on better form)

Dumbell Lunge: 1x8 (both sides each)

Russian Twists: 2x12

Transverse Vaccum: 3x60 seconds

Superman(I think that's what they're called): 2x12

20 minutes of Cardio

If you're lying on your stomach and bringing up both your arms and legs and holding it for X seconds, that's a Superman ;)

Not a great workout for you today? Give yourself a pat on the back anyway :)

Well you're right it wasn't that bad of a work out, but I found myself becoming lazy. I often slack off it's a part of human nature.

9/23/08

Plain and simple Today Weights(Triceps, Shoulders, Chest, Abs) + 20 min. Cardio afterwards. the day before Hung Gar more details coming soon.

9/26/08

I need to update plain and simple training is tough like always. Life is a battlefield like I always say. I'll never give up fighting.

"The foes are stormed
A spear is striking my arm
And I throwe it back without vestige of pain"
-Stormwarrior, Odinn's Warriors

Today I'm about to do some Cardio. Hopefully that goes well as well as the rest of the day. I'm meeting up with what's hopefully a nice lady.

Oh and quite frankly I think the smily faces are getting funnier and funnier. First there was one that looked like a sperm cell and now there's this one.:love2: Oh Dare.

To continue on from what I've done today. I had to skip out on some yoga tonight even though I said I was going to do it. I had to put it off though. I got alot of stuff on my mind and I know it's not an excuse for anything w/e **** everything right now.

9/29/08

Weight Training:

Dumbell Fly: 20 pounds 1x8 15 pounds 1x10

Dumbell front and side raise: 12 pounds 1x8 10 pounds 1x8

Skull Crusher: 40 pounds 2x12

Twisting Crunches: BW 2x12

Swiss Ball Chest Raise: BW 2x12

Lying Leg Curls: 50 pounds 2x12

Hip Abbductors: 95 pounds 2x12

Cardio: 3 laps around the field outside the Y where I'm taking college course at, making sure to change my speed during the interval.

Be sure to push myself more, but not to much, next time I do laps.

Last edited:
10/1/08

:love1: First off what the hell is with these smiley faces? *Scratches Head* whoever designs these things has an obsession with penis' and sperm, but whatever I find it funny.

Weight Training:

Cable Rows: 80 pounds 2x12

Reverse Cable Curls: 40 pounds 2x12

Dumbell Curls: 15 pounds 2x12

Quad Raise: 90 pounds 1x10 85 pounds 1x8

Hip Abbduction: 90 pounds 2x12

Incline Twisting Crunch: BW 2x12

Chest Raise: 2x12

:action14: haha

Last edited:
10/2/08

Cardio in the AM and Hung Gar in the PM.

I practiced a more brief session of Hung Gar than I ussually do when I actually go to class.

I felt alive I got on my bike and went to a place where I ussually bring my dog. At the end of the session I did some Tai Chi and for the first time in a while felt a presence of my surroundings and some what found a quiet place in my mind.

I need to do this more often.

Back