Ryofire's Journal

... I know I just shouldn't do it and you guys can give me all the hateful judgement about me being a failure and not a person of my word. I am honestly trying and making the biggest effort possible and to get the results I've always dreamed of but day by day it just get's harder. It's bad enough that I'm working full time and still at home, but soon I will be going back to school and that's gonna make things even harder.

Also you know what I hate the most is that alot of people don't really even know how much this means to me. They don't realize the sacrifices that I've made and continue to make. They say stuff like "you don't need to loose any weight your skinny enough. Yea key word "weight" I don't need to loose "weight" just fat I need to loose fat off my stomach and what not. I wanna be able to enjoy a day at the beach or at the pool without being embarrassed to take my shirt off. I also want the satisfaction that I will hopefully be able to give to my girlfriend one day.

Please all I just want is the right help I wanna know if there is something more I could be doing. I wanna know why it comes so easy to others yet I have to work so *@#%*@#%*@#%*@#%ing damn hard and barely make it by.

Ryofire no one here thinks you're a failure or a terrible person; if anything, they can sympathize with your situation because many of us have been there before.

Don't lose heart! You've already taken the first few baby steps towards your goal and you can't give up now!

Take it ONE day at a time and get through the day. Plan your meals so you don't even have to think about what you have to make or cook (which is where temptation lurks for all of us). Your transformation will not come overnight, it is the ever accumulating single day battles you must wage against Lord Fat!

Also don't worry about what other people think, say, or do. You're doing what YOU want to do for YOUR reasons. Every time someone else is influencing the way you act or think you should step back for some perspective, because at that point you are letting that person control your decisions.

We all will support you here, just take it one day at a time, and don't beat yourself up so much! :beerchug:

thx joey and also I will try to update this journal day by day as much as I can.

4/29/08

Another day went by and it just seems harder and harder to stick to your goals. I figured to myself that one reason I may have been screwing up alot was my lack of whole grains in my diet. I swear I would only eat something with whole grains only before Hung Gar. I would only do this out of fear of gaining excess fat because I was always told to limit starches, but from now on it's the excess sugar and white starches I have to cut and not whole grains which I was doing in the first place. Like I said though this isn't easy.

Today was a leg day and I managed to squat about 175 pounds on the smith machine and did that for 8 reps. I also did calf raises on the same weight. On leg days I have also been doing hip abductions to get all my legs working.

This Friday I plan to see one of the personal trainer's at the gym for a free consultation.

I'm still trying to think of what to ask him

You're doing great! I'm sooo jealous you work at WFM! Their 365 brand is great and they have yummy prepared food! I miss their fruit & veg the most. :)

Keep up the good work!

.. but from now on it's the excess sugar and white starches I have to cut and not whole grains which I was doing in the first place. Like I said though this isn't easy.

Good call on the sugar/white starches, and if it was easy we'd all be in shape. :D

This Friday I plan to see one of the personal trainer's at the gym for a free consultation.

I'm still trying to think of what to ask him

Not a bad idea at all. Some questions to think about asking:

1) What is your exercise and educational background? Are you certified by a nationally recognized organization?

2) Can you give me references from other clients and industry professionals familiar with your knowledge and abilities?

3) Do you carry liability insurance?

4) What is your rate per session? Do you offer any discounts or package deals?

5) What hours are you available to train?

6) What is your training/exercise philosophy?

Also be sure that the trainer appears to be in shape. Not every personal trainer looks like a supermodel but they should practice what they preach. And most importantly, be comfortable with them.

This person does look like they're in shape and like he knows what he's talking about, but I also think that it is a good idea to ask those questions.

4/30/08

Today came to a dreadful failure when my last meal consisted of "breaded fish and two carb cousious myoplex shake's and heaven only knows how many carbs were in that meal. and I have to go to bed soon too in order for work tommorow.

A few reasons why I failed today:

1. I didn't get to sleep on time the night before

2. I didn't prepare my meals out the day in advance

3. I didn't get enough sleep.

This $$$$ aint easy I swear I was also so tempted to cheat today as well today because my last meal of the day was a total $$$$ up. I gotta go prepare my food properally for tommorow so I don't $$$$ up this time. :mad:

Stick with it Ryofire.. there are gonna be days where your schedule gets changed, you don't get enough sleep, or you just get up on the wrong side of bed. Don't let it be an excuse for failure!

Keep your head up and keep charging!

Somedays I push myself to work out when I'm lacking sleep and some days I don't. The key for me is to not let it get past one day, because it gets harder and harder to get back on track!

I do exactly the same thing if I don't plan my meals out.

Get back on track, you can do it! :)

5/1/08

Today with some well planned out thought I did my morning cardio and then after work today I went for a swim at the gym's pool.

i feel that whenever I get the chance that I should swim more often because not only is it a good intense workout that works all your muscles and keeps your heart rate going, but it's fun too.:D

5/2/08

Today was an awesome day as far as training and nutrition goes.

I did my morning cardio like I usually do. When I later went to the gym I had a free consultation with the personal trainer Brenden. He showed me several different exercises and had me do a 8 minute cardio warm up.

If I continue with him for three more sessions it'll cost me $99 dollars anymore after that will be different.

What do any of you think?

Yeah how much after that and what kind of workout plan will he have you on? Maybe some of the PT's in here could comment on what else to ask at this stage?

53/08

Today was a day off from exercising in general. Tommorow I plan To just do a cardio session. However today emotionally I wasn't so good I bet I raised my Cortisol a lot. I was wondering how Cortisol would effect my goals.

Cortisol is basically a hindering hormone to muscle gain and testosterone your main growth hormone. Dont threat to much about it.

5/5/08

Today I did my morning cardio and then later on I did some resistance and weight traing. I tried doing some wide grip pullup's Wasn't able to do much at all. Also instead of doing stuff I usually do I switched it around and did some new stuff. I figured it would be good to add some variity in order to shock my body for a change.

5/6/08

Today was an alright day. I did my usual morning cardio, but later on after work I went to Hung Gar. I haven't been to Hung Gar in like two weeks I need to make my monthly payment too. It felt weird going back into the train mainly because I haven't been practicing enough. So far I've been practicing my stance work on the subway. That's about it.

5/7/08

Once again I did my regular morning cardio. I was called into to work an extra shift which I didn't mind because I already got enough sleep from the night before and had enough time to do my morning cardio. So anywho after work I hit the gym.

Here's the exercise's I did:

Wide Grip Pull Up

Reverse Barbell Curl

Pec Fly

A sort of Reverse Pec Fly (I forget what it's called)

Seated Military Press

Tricep Pull down

Hanging Side to Side Leg Raise

Transverse Vaccum

Superman's

Back