Ryofire's Journal

10/3/08

Cardio in the morning

Yoga later on in the day. Plain and simple Yoga is great. I need to do it at least once a week by myself. The Body part is great, but the whole Mind and Spirit is a personal thing. Wheither or not I want to share that with others that's my buisness.

10/5/08

Cardio in the AM and Hung Gar in the PM.

I'd talk some more about it, but I keep on procrastinating my homework.

10/6/08

Wow I felt alive today. At first it started out kind of suck ass like because of what happened to my little brother and the fact of that my parents woke me up by yelling at him. He was sick and they thought he was faking when he really wasn't. His lips were white and he was burning up. I was scared ****less. They're idiots because they don't respect the fact that I don't live in poverty like they did. I wanna live my life and I don't have to sleep in a nail bed in order to apreciate things. I have humilty because I've been there and done that.

As far as my little brother I worry to death about him because my parents don't even try to set a good example. My mom just says "he's 14 he can take care of himself. I'm not responsible for making him happy." In some cases she's right, but the only time she'll ever care about her son is if he drops dead. Once I get done with school and what not I wonder how my brother will be. In the mean time I have to stay here and set a good example for my little brother.

When I got to the gym I realized that I have to continue training not just because I have to, but because I want to. I felt alive when I ran on the indoor track with my headphones playing the Rocky IV montage and Chariots of Fire theme :)

I followed that after doing some Weight/Resistance training as follows:

Handstand Pushup (man I gotta work on this better aparently I've been doing it backwards): Body Weight 1x8

Dumbell Shurd(light wieght): 1x12

Bench Press(lighter weight): 2x12 drop set 95lbs and then 90lbs

Lying Leg Curls: 2x8-12 pyramid set 80-90lbs

Hip Abbduction: 3x12 pyramid set 80-90lbs

Hip Adduction: 2x12 pyramid set 95-105lbs

Transverse Vaccum: 3x60 seconds

Twisting Leg Raise: 2xto failure (if that's the right word to use)

I found that I mixed up the sets. I need to keep a little book with me after I get done with my training that way I can better myself. BTW my studies suck as well. I need more time to work on that and don't want to sacrifice my results for that, but at the same I need to stop procrastinating my homework and studies. Without knowledge I would be clueless and moronic. School sucks, but you need it because I don't wanna be a bum like my older brother is acting like right now. I'm not saying he's evil I'm saying that he's lazy and irresponsible as well as take's things for granted :violent2:. I'm the middle of two kids so what else is there to say. Naw that's no excuse for what I do.

10/7/08

Try channeling all that negative crap in your life into your workouts. Get rid of it and make sure it stays where it belongs: in the gym. Don't bring it home. Then when you get up every morning, you won't feel the weight of the world on your shoulders. It's a new day.

I did some HIIT on the beach today. I could do alot better with it, but man did it feel so good.

After getting into an arguement with someone (who's name I'm not going to mention not out of anger, but out of the fact of not starting any negative feelings) I realized something. As Captain Planet said before "Predjudice and Hate are as toxic as any other pollutant."

Your right i_love_muscle although in some cases channeling your negativty can be unhealthy. However using it as a means of inspiring yourself to do better is even better. The gods always do call upon us to be heroes in our own epic. Although in the end we all are responsible for our own destiny, but alot of us like to disown not only oursleves, but our guiding gods, spirits, or whatever. The Odyssey from a blind poet named Homer once taught me that without our guides or something to drive us and something to live by well we pretty much are nothing. We pretty much just spew garbage out of mouths.

I have a huge problem of taking things way to literal sometimes. Day by day I work on that. Also I'm not running for president. I'm not ready to run for president and please people who will hate me for no matter what I say, do, or will do. Life isn't perfect, but it doesn't have to be terrible neither.

Two things I've learned from Hokuto No Ken or Fist of the North Star are these things: Turn the grief into fury/turn the sadness into power(or something of the such) and power without perception is virtually useless and of no true value.

I have a huge problem of taking things way to literal sometimes. Day by day I work on that. Also I'm not running for president. I'm not ready to run for president and please people who will hate me for no matter what I say, do, or will do. Life isn't perfect, but it doesn't have to be terrible neither.

Two things I've learned from Hokuto No Ken or Fist of the North Star are these things: Turn the grief into fury/turn the sadness into power(or something of the such) and power without perception is virtually useless and of no true value.

I always took things too literally because I was what everybody called "a sensitive child". Whatever the f**k that is ...

Anyway, because of that, I got hurt ... a lot. It had nothing to do with me having to "lighten up" ... because I was a real goof ball. I just wasn't into playing mind games with people or being a friend one week, and then not being a friend another week. I had better things to do with my time and a much better sense of loyalty and honor. If people weren't on my page, they weren't in my group (oh, that's so authoritarian!). Needless to say, "my group" was small :D But it was quality people ;)

Needless to say, "my group" was small :D But it was quality people ;)

That's just awesome, their are not too many people like that in the world. I need more people like that in my life. No matter where I go I've always felt like I never belonged. I often walk alone, but I don't do it to rebel I do it because I want to and alot of times I have no other choice in my life. No matter what I say to my parents and other people who side against me, they'll always say ****. They say **** to me like "life isn't a bed of roses" well it doesn't have to be a bed of nails neither. Look somethings it is either one thing or the other, but you don't have to live in absolute poverty and **** just to be greateful for things.

My parents like to think just because I didn't grow up in the prodjects and ate ho ho's for dinner that I'm automatically ungrateful. When I was younger I could see why they would think that. I use to be fat, I use have bad acne, I use to smell terrible and have bad breath, and the worst. I wasn't always the most educated. I didn't have the worst growng up and didn't have it the have it the best. neither. I'm not suggesting that everything's a balance neither. Alot of things are and although it's good to find a balance it's also good to at least settle with something.

I'm one of the most complicated people you'll ever meet get use to it.

I think everybody can feel as though they don't belong. A lot of us are really complex. And a lot of people simply prefer their own company over other people.

It's a big reason why people choose the sports they choose. Extroverts usually choose team sports. Introverts tend to choose individual sports, like I did. Gymnastics and track aren't exactly "team sports", are they? That's because I prefer to compete against myself. I also don't like team sports because I don't like to lose because somebody on my team isn't giving 100%.

Now for your family. Don't allow your family to drag you into their issues/problems. It will drive you crazy and suck you dry. That's probably a good reason why so many people move away from their families to another city (or another country). The BS is virtually intolerable sometimes.

Family members sometimes have a habit of assuming siblings/offspring will do anything for them, and then when you don't they bring on the guilt trip. Frankly, I don't do guilt trips because that's not my idea of a vacation. If I'm going on a trip, it's going to be where I want to go, not where my family decides I should be going :D

Stand your ground and don't let your family get away with anything (because some of them will take as much as they can get from you, and still try to get more).

Basically, don't compromise yourself in any way. Keep your focus, perspective, self-respect and honor, and you'll do just fine.

Basically, don't compromise yourself in any way. Keep your focus, perspective, self-respect and honor, and you'll do just fine.

I swear I hate the back button sometimes on the computer I speak only for myself and not for anyone else. I most of the time write alot of big important and philosophical things that I feel could possibly inspire other people to do better things for themselves to live by.

What I was trying to say was that, people in my biological family deny the **** out of things, but yet still they will always disagree, bash, and discriminate against me. the same goes for alot of people in general *cough* Sarah Palin. The even worse part is that they turn my own words against me and turn everything that they're doing on me. They can easily make me look like the bad guy because I think personally it's because they're are more of them and only one of me. ****ing loser they look at me because I say something that's suposidly bad, but yet they say something that's much more worse then what I say. Not everything I say, do, or will do is perfect, but I swear by the gods do I try. I have a whole grocery list of mistakes that I have done and sometimes probably will (but greatly try not to) do.

I'm actually working on an art piece called "My Grocery List of Problems." From what I believe I think something similar to this was already done. Whatever techniqually everything has been done, but I just bring back what has been done before, but a newer more modern way. Even that's been done.

Oh well enough chit chat time to go on and update my training.

10/9/08

Man today I barely made it out alive. Thank the gods for Hung Gar and Martial Arts in general. Meditation helps, but it's not the only reaon I practice martial arts. Life sucks, but it's also a great thing. I don't take it for granted at all. I hope people realize this and well I can see why people would believe this, but the phrase "freedom isn't free thing." Quite frankly I'm sick of hearing that because it's usually said by some straight up right winged nut case. I understand where the phrase comes from, but if it isn't free then it's not real freedom. The only time I feel truly free is when I'm in a trance while practicing soft chi movements and exercises or yoga like in the middle of no where all alone. I also have to be in the right mood for it as well. I often do things alone. I can become easily corrupt when I'm with others. I can often forget what it is that I love and what it is that I stand for as a result. That's why I only rely on certain individuals to be my friends. Relationships are hard enough, but friendship is even more of a challenge. I've had too many problems with having friendships and relationships fail. It's because of this I can never forget who I am and what I fight for.

The most important thing in any fitness lifestyle is consistency.

And there is plenty of this here.

Keep it up man! :)

I haven't read your first posts yet, and I will, but this Hung Gar thing is stirring up my curiosity, what is it?

What I was trying to say was that, people in my biological family deny the **** out of things, but yet still they will always disagree, bash, and discriminate against me. the same goes for alot of people in general *cough* Sarah Palin. The even worse part is that they turn my own words against me and turn everything that they're doing on me. They can easily make me look like the bad guy because I think personally it's because they're are more of them and only one of me. ****ing loser they look at me because I say something that's suposidly bad, but yet they say something that's much more worse then what I say. Not everything I say, do, or will do is perfect, but I swear by the gods do I try. I have a whole grocery list of mistakes that I have done and sometimes probably will (but greatly try not to) do.

I understand your pain. I'm not old (24), but the one thing I have learned so far is: There are always people complaining, always someone bashing you regardless of how perfect/imperfect you are. There is always someone better or worse. One will always be somewhat affected by what others think, but, you got to simply: Not give a flying **** about what others think. You know your own beliefs, you don't need anyone else approving them. You know what you want, others don't have **** to say about it. Be you. They can waste their time laughing at you and disapproving of what you do while you will be walking the walk.

Those people are ****ing annoying though, aren't they? The best thing to do to people who want a reaction is to give them a taste of indifference. I swear to god, they will see you don't give a **** about what they say and they will give you more respect for it.

:D

back to work...

Last edited:
Hung Gar is a southern style chinese martial art. I can't exactly tell you the full history behind it, but basically it's one of the original styles. Maybe not the most original, but it's basic principal is soft as silk and hard as iron. If you want to learn more private message me sometime. Please understand that I don't have all the answers though.

10/14/08

Need to get to bed at a good time so I'll keep it short. Hung Gar practice on my own today. Resistance training and cardio yesterday.

10/16/08

HITT in the AM.

Later on though it was one wild and crazy bike ride across the city. I felt like Sonic the Hedgehog in a way. Except this time I was using a bike.

10/17/08..........Barely made it this time.

Old Japanese Proverb "fall down seven times, stand up eight."

Someone here mentioned something important, I forget who exactly did. But they said that fat, lazy, and drunk or whatever is no way to go threw life.

As my professor in Allied Anatomy and Psyiology says, "Americans like to think they can sit on their asses and live forever, but that's just not realistic."

Plain and simple defending and holding true to that which is truly important is not as easy as I want it to be. It never really is and it never really will be. I failed on my diet today for the first time in a while. I promised I would avoid that as much as possible. It's gonna happen I guess. I'm just afriad if it continues to happen, then I'll end up bad cycle of cheating and binge eating. I almost nearly devolped an eating disorder once(thank ****ing goodness I didn't) Sure life isn't perfect, but it's not terrible neither. What's so weird about wanting to eat healthy and what not anyways. Furthermore since when is it truly tough and mainly to eat junk food never mind drink beer, do drugs, smoke, or whatever the **** you want to do.

It's like wow seriously I wish I was alot much more cool like you. I really wish I was on oxygen and lacked muscle tone as well as had a much higher risk for strokes, cardiac arrest, and etc.

I'm tired I had to finish my day off with a bike ride. Three hours after my ride I gotta hit the hay.

10/20/08.......This **** just keeps getting more and more challenging.

I barely made it. Yea my diet wasn't as immaculate then again no such thing as a perfect diet. In this sport everyone's different.

I'm different, in fact I'm one illogical person.

What can I say I'm a needy and impatient person. Prince of procrastination.

Hopefully tommorow will be better. I can't go back to any bad habbit's at all.

10/21/08

My life just sucks I swear. I can't even get my workout's done because of school and studying and what not. I ligit don't even have a life.

What did I manage to get in today for a workout. A tiny little Bodyweight Leg Workout and 20 minutes of HIIT on this stationary Bicycle I found thrown out. I really could have done alot better.

10/22/08

Arrrrrg:violent: crap total crap all I got in for a workout today was 2 sets of pull ups on a bathroom stall for like 6 reps. No cardio :bncry:

Also as my workouts are failing I feel my diet is kind of and soon will completly follow.

10/23/08

HITT in the AM.

Extreme bike ride across the city in the PM.

Tracking my progress is hard.

I need to know where I'm at.

Back