My Diary

I'm glad your sister has decided to join you in becoming healthier.
With intermittent fasting, the 16/8 method, which is probably the easiest & most popular, involves fasting every day for 14–16 hours and restricting your daily eating window to 8 hours. She could choose to have that eating window between any hours, depending on what suits her, but eating first thing in the morning & then again in the evening doesn't fit. 10 am -6 pm or 11-7, 12-8 etc would fit the 16/8 method.

Oh,thank you for the information! The thing is she has to eat breakfast otherwise she feels shaky throughout the day.
Also, we have Ramadan coming up soon when we'll have to fast for religious resons

I’m the same. If I was to do IF I would have breakfast within an hour of getting up & finish eating 8 hours later.

Yes, she also takes her dinner early or lunch late.

Breakfast: Skipped
Lunch: mixed veggie rice with 1 cup yogurt + a cucumber and 3 cherry tomatoes + Green tea
Dinner: Milk Tea +Zaatar Croissant +2 digestive biscuits + Green Tea
Snack: A cucumber and 5 cherry tomatoes

4k steps

.Breakfast: 1 date
Lunch: 2 fried chicken pieces +salad + Green tea
Dinner: A cucumber and 5 cherry tomatoes + Green Tea

3k steps

I'm getting hungry just reading that! Glad to see some veggies but only one real meal for the whole day? :eek:

Missie, if you are going to attempt IF then you will need to make sure you are still getting enough nutrition in that restricted eating window. Also, even eating one date is breaking your fast. If you're going to break your fast then, it's best to make it something more substantial & then close your eating window after 8 hours from that meal. Are you counting calories at all? Just taking a wild guess as to calories I came up with this approximation-
1 date 20, fried chicken 340(?) salad 140(?), cucumber 20, cherry tomatoes 15. Total 535.
That is not sustainable long-term. Fasting takes some getting used to, but it's really important that your body gets the right nutrition, no matter what you do.

Hi! Yes, I've been counting my calories >.< I got like 800ish today >.<
I know I didn't eat enough today, but I feel bloated (I got my periods) and I didn't feel hungry. Maybe there's something wrong with me
I'll try to eat normal tomorrow.

Hi, Missie. I'm glad it was a one-off. Sorry to sound like a nagging nana. Feeling bloated & not hungry when you get your period is quite normal.

No, don't apologize please. I really appreciate you checking up on me, I think it's very kind and sweet of you. Thank you really <3
>.<

Periods are the worst! Although I admit I'd prefer not being hungry during them; I always feel like I could eat a house and all its inhabitants...

Breakfast: 1 date
Lunch: Rice with taro root curry +salad + Green tea
Snack: Sweet nuts protein bar thingy and a bite of dulce de leche cheesecake
Dinner: Half a tortilla bread with taro root curry + Green tea

Workout: 8ish mins

Hi, Missie. Even having that one date on its own for breakfast, without any protein, can spike your insulin levels. The consumption of protein triggers the release of glucagon, another hormone, which stabilizes insulin levels. So when eaten together, protein and sugar can sort of regulate each other.
Taro root curry sounds nice. I love curries & had some for breakfast this morning.

Breakfast: Green Tea + Strawberry Yogurt + An Apple
Lunch: Egg and potato curry with rice + Salad + Green Tea
Dinner: Egg and potato curry with flatbread + a cucumber + Green Tea

Breakfast: Green Tea + Strawberry Yogurt + some white/green grapes
Lunch: Chickpeas with rice +yogurt + Salad + Green Tea
Dinner: Stir fry ground chicken with tortilla + a cucumber + Green tea

10mins of light cardio
2L water

Sounding good, Missie :)

Back