Lingwo's Log - Take 2

Thanks Cate and Llama, it turns out I have Covid again.

I had Covid last April pre-vaccine and was pretty sick. I thought the likelihood of getting Covid again was pretty minimal, but I lost my sense of taste this evening and did a rapid anti-gen test and here I am again. Glad I didn't go too far for the past few days.

March 28/22 Weight: 214.6lbs (+2.2lbs /-2.4bs)
Calories: 2560 / Protein: 106g

Not a great day for food yesterday, and I'm still not feeling too great. I did manage to get a bit of house work done.

I downloaded Happy Scale and synced it with Apple Health. Unfortunately, not a lot of my weigh in data is in Apple Health to see all of the ups and downs. But, from the chart below, you can see I've averaged gaining 0.1lb per week for the past 3 years or so and how quickly that adds up over time.

I'm hoping I can continue the current trend I'm on. Seeing the curve smoothed like this helps keep me encouraged on days like this when the scale is showing a large increase.

Graph.png

I hope you continue to improve & feel even better in the morning. You'll get that scale moving back down, but for now, just get some nutrition into yourself & get well.

I'm officially recovered from Covid again, and ready to get moving which is good. The month of March things moved in the right direction, so I'll take that as a win.

I'll be doing more business travel in April, so it will be a challenge to be disciplined while on the road.

Graph.png

August 2/22 Weight: 208.4lbs (-6.2lbs /-8.6bs)
Calories: 1460 / Protein: 83g

It's been a while, and I haven't gone off of the rails. But, the weight is moving very very slowly. I've spent 50 nights since April in hotels for work, so all things considered, I think it's good that I am at least moving slowly in the right direction. So far, I have no travel booked for August - so plan to really put a lot of focus on taking care of my body without interruptions. As a matter of fact, today was my lowest weigh-in for all of 2022 so far.

My August goal is to hit 201lbs. Maybe a little aggressive considering I've only lost 6.7lbs in the first 214 days of the year. But, the weather is nice - so I should try and do the heavy lifting while the weather is nice and I'm not traveling.

Some of my other fitness targets for August are averaging >11k steps per day, completing 20 strength workouts.

On the personal side of things - I'm finishing painting my house this month, changing out some light fixtures and then likely going to either sell or rent it in September or October. It's just too much house for me right now. So, I'll go back to renting in the fall for a few months and likely buy something a bit more modest in the new year.

Weight.png

It's been a while, and I haven't gone off of the rails. But, the weight is moving very very slowly. I've spent 50 nights since April in hotels for work, so all things considered, I think it's good that I am at least moving slowly in the right direction.
That is very well done. 50 nights away is an awful lot. Are house prices holding up there or are they starting to drop, like here?

That is very well done. 50 nights away is an awful lot. Are house prices holding up there or are they starting to drop, like here?
So far the housing market is still holding where I am. I'm in one of the more affordable parts of Canada. I bought my place for $545k and recently a house down the street that isn't as big or nice sold for $565k, so I'm hoping I'll still make a little bit of money.

In some of the more expensive markets like Toronto and Vancouver they are definitely starting to tank a little.

So far the housing market is still holding where I am. I'm in one of the more affordable parts of Canada. I bought my place for $545k and recently a house down the street that isn't as big or nice sold for $565k, so I'm hoping I'll still make a little bit of money.
That's good. We're just at the stage where we're thinking of selling & downsizing & then buying in town, but I'm just looking & wondering how we could do it. Rentals are almost impossible to find here.

That's good. We're just at the stage where we're thinking of selling & downsizing & then buying in town, but I'm just looking & wondering how we could do it. Rentals are almost impossible to find here.
Rentals are hard here too, especially pet friendly rentals. I'm pretty lucky that my best friend happens to have a unit coming available that he is willing to rent to me at a decent rate for Fall and Winter until I am ready to buy again.

Rentals are hard here too, especially pet friendly rentals. I'm pretty lucky that my best friend happens to have a unit coming available that he is willing to rent to me at a decent rate for Fall and Winter until I am ready to buy again.
That's a bonus :)

Well done losing weight, even if it's slowly, while traveling so much! And fingers crossed for the house project 🤞

August 3/22 Weight: 207.6lbs (-0.8lbs /-9.4bs)
Calories: 1540 / Protein: 108g

Another day at a new low for 2022, which is good. I'm still 2.6lbs higher than my lowest recorded weight in 2021 (205lbs) - so I'm kind of excited to get down below that mark. I kind of feel like 2021 was a wasted year from a health standpoint.

This morning I got to the gym for a Push workout. It's raining this morning, but hoping to get out for a walk later to get my 11k steps in. My average steps for Aug 1-2 is 11.8k.

Sometimes life just gets in the way. And if you hadn't kept an eye on things the scale would likely gone up way more.

I think most of us feel that 2021 was a wasted year from lots of standpoints. You're back on track now :)

August 7/22 Weight: 207.6lbs (-0.0lbs /-9.4bs)
Calories: 2140 / Protein: 110g

The scale has been stuck since Wednesday. But, pretty sure I've been in a calorie deficit, so expecting some movement maybe tomorrow or Tuesday.

So far as activity goes... I'm about go for my 6th training session of the month, and my monthly average for steps is 11.3k which is slightly above my target.

I hate that tomorrow is Monday, I really need a proper vacation.

6 workouts in 6 days? I hope you're resting today :D Fingers crossed the scale will drop after a rest day.

6 workouts in 6 days? I hope you're resting today :D
I was thinking the same!

Back