Lingwo's Log - Take 2

I've been to London lots of times and lived in San Diego for a short stint just after college. Very different places! But if you can afford a 1-bedroom apartment in London, I would say you are living the high life because I think London is the best place on earth if you have money! San Diego is amazing but there's no culture in California. It just depends what you're into.

I've been to London lots of times and lived in San Diego for a short stint just after college. Very different places! But if you can afford a 1-bedroom apartment in London, I would say you are living the high life because I think London is the best place on earth if you have money! San Diego is amazing but there's no culture in California. It just depends what you're into.
Interesting! I wouldn't be rich, but I could probably afford a Zone 1 flat and still have enough money for one Europe vacation a month after my living expenses. Seems that's the direction it's going, just waiting for HR to get organized post-Christmas :).

January 6/22
Weight:
199.6lbs (+0.2lbs / -17.4lbs)
BF%: 25.2% (-0.0% / -3.5%)
BMI: 29.6 (+0.1 / -2.3)

First post since Dec 22! I had a nice Christmas and 12 consecutive days off from work.

I definitely gained some weight in December. I tried not to splurge too much, but definitely enjoyed all of my favorite meals as well as had some beer and drinks with friends. So, I'll take only a 0.2lb gain a pretty good win.

This week I've done absolutely no cardio. So, unfortunately I'll be spending a decent chunk of my weekend on a treadmill. FML.

Happy New Year everyone!

Lingwo, you are definitely rich in my book if you can live in Zone 1 London and afford one European holiday a month! :ROFLMAO:

A 0.2 lb gain over Christmas is a win. It sounds like you have lots of adventures lined up in the new year. Happy NY to you too!

Ooo, I see a non-obese BMI as well! I know it's just a number meant for statistics and all that but psychologically it's still a great milestone.

January 27/22
Weight:
198.2lbs (-0.6lbs / -18.8lbs)
BF%: 25.0% (-0.1% / -3.7%)
BMI: 29.4 (-0.1 / -2.5)

Stalled out for a couple of weeks there, but finally got a new low today. Slow and steady.

Joined a social club at a local microbrewery and have our first event this weekend. Hoping I don't drink too many calories. :)

Feb 8/23
Weight:
198.4lbs (+0.2lbs / -18.6lbs)
BF%: 25.0% (-0.0% / -3.7%)
BMI: 29.4 (-0.0 / -2.5)

I've completely stalled out over the past couple of weeks! I had fun at the brewery event and met some new people, but then last week had to travel for work and my diet and exercise was not great at all.

Everything is still frozen on the job front. But London is still looking like the most likely option. I just signed an agreement to sell my house on Monday, but it won't close until April. Still, that's going to cause some havoc in March and April trying to move into temporary accommodation again prior to going across the pond.

Overall, despite the scale moving slow I'm feeling okay about things. I'm still enjoying training, and I still am eating good most of the time. So, I think progress will slowly come.

Here's a photo from yesterday evening after the gym. My sleeves are filling in, and I feel like I'm carrying the weight okay despite being well into the Overweight BMI category.

pic.jpg

Feb 20/23
Weight:
197.8lbs (-0.6lbs / -19.2lbs)
BF%: 25.0% (-0.0% / -3.7%)
BMI: 29.4 (-0.0 / -2.5)

Slowly but surely progressing down the scale. Haven't had the great February, so am working to try and get back in the right mindset around my diet.

Progressing on the house sale. Really excited to get this over with. Buying and selling a home is such a PITA.

Moving is The Worst even without having to worry about selling so you have my sympathy. Also: February is barely 2/3 over so don't write it off yet!

I think moving house is one of the most stressful things to have to do. Will you be storing your furniture?

Thanks @Llama and @Cate - a lot of my furniture was sold with the house! But still have some moving to do. The house won't close until the second week of April so plan to do most of my moving in the back half of March when temperatures are a little warmer.

Feb 27/23
Weight:
197.0lbs (-0.8lbs / -20.0lbs)
BF%: 24.7% (-0.3% / -4.0%)
BMI: 29.2 (-0.2 / -2.7)

Well, it's been a long time coming - but I've finally hit the 20lb lost milestone. Also, according to my scale (inaccurate I know), but BF% is "Acceptable" instead of obese.

Things seem to be going... okay?

Things seem to be going...well. 20 lbs lost slowly has a better chance of staying lost.
That's great that most of your furniture was sold with the house.

Back