Lingwo's Log - Take 2

August 10/22 Weight: 206.6lbs (-1.0lbs /-10.4bs)
Calories: 1510 / Protein: 115g

Finally I got some movement on the scale again! 206.6lbs is a new low weight for 2022.

Yay for the scales moving in the right direction!

August 17/22 Weight: 206.0lbs (-0.6lbs /-11.0bs)

Scale continues to slowly move in the right direction. I am hoping it's the strength training that's slowing progress, and that I am maintaining most of that mass.

I've been walking a lot lately in addition to strength training. I'm kind of nervous to see what happens in the winter when it isn't as easy to get out for walks.

Hi, Lingwo. Thanks for checking in with us. It's good that your weight is still going in the right direction. You have much more of a chance at keeping it off.

November 16/22 Weight: 204.2lbs (-0.2lbs /-12.8bs)

Just barely hit another new low for 2022 this morning. This is about 0.8lbs lower than my recorded low for 2021. I'm pretty happy about my progress considering I spent >80 nights in hotels so far this year where my nutrition and workout habits were both very poor (I tend to drink with customers and colleagues way too much while on the road).

WeightChart.PNG

@Cate I do agree this seems much more sustainable than being hyper focused on quick drops like I have been in the past. This may be a little too slow, but if I could up my progress to even 0.5lbs/week, I think it's much more attainable for me to keep going like this.

As an extra boost, I've just hired a fitness and nutrition coach for at least a month to see if this will speed things up a little. I've been really consistent with my training (minimum 4x strength sessions a week since August). So, I figure hiring a trainer will just help ensure my sessions are effective as possible so I'm not just spinning tires at the gym.

I took some starting photos for my coach on Monday. I'll post those here when I have some decent progress photos to go along with them!

Consistently losing with the amount of travel you do with your job is pretty amazing. Hiring a nutrition & fitness coach for a month will probably give you more motivation to be stricter with your diet perhaps. 1/2 lb a week is a good number.

Hey Lingwo, it is good to see you back. I'm back too, and struggling a bit. I am impressed with your weight loss, a bit more than a pound a month is good. A reasonable and sustainable rate. I'm having trouble finding that "reasonable and sustainable" and sustainable thing... Upping your loss to 0.5 lb/wk also sounds good, and not too fast. However, I am convinced that reasonable and sustainable is more important than how fast we lose it. Kind of wish I had done that back when I was doing my big weight loss.
I spent >80 nights in hotels so far this year where my nutrition and workout habits were both very poor (I tend to drink with customers and colleagues way too much while on the road).
Been there done that, when I was working I traveled almost 50% of the time. I know how hard it can be, moderation without structure is difficult. Hotels do have salads though, maybe not as low calorie as homemade but not a bad way to go.
hit another new low for 2022 this morning
Good for you!! Barely is just fine, its the new low that counts.

Looking forward to seeing your photos.

@Cate - I think the financial aspect of paying for a coach will keep accountability! He's an IFBB Pro, so I feel good that he knows what he's talking about as well.

@Emilyrose - Thanks Emily! Hopefully by March I'll be at my goal weight.

@alligatorob - I've gone up and down so often. So really hoping this slow and sustainable thing will stick. Hotels are definitely tough for me. It's not just the lack of menu options, it's that a lot of my engagements on the road are with co-workers or customers which leads to big dinners and drinking. Definitely going to try and be more focused on the road.

November 21/22
Weight:
203.8lbs (-0.4lbs /-13.2bs)
BF%: 26.2% (-0.1% / -2.5%)
BMI: 30.2 (-0.1 / -1.7)

A new low today means another post here. Getting back below 200 feels so close right now and getting below an "obese" BMI is even closer. The BF% is based on my scale, so I take it with a massive grain of salt - I'll get a Dexa scan when I get closer to my goal weight to get a more accurate reading.

Today was my first training session following the new coach's plan. It was about an 80-minute strength training session vs the normal 50 minutes it took when I planned my own workouts. It's the most spent I've felt in a long time.

On a personal note, there's definitely a lot on my mind. My time back home in Eastern Canada may be coming to an end. My employer is wanting to promote me early in the new year. But it means moving to either California, England, the Netherlands, or back to Western Canada. Moving abroad solo is kind of driving my anxiety a little high. I feel like it's going to be hard to ever settle down if I keep on moving, but I am on a bit of a career fast track so feel like I want to see how far I can grow with my career.

For now, I'm going to try and not worry about it too much and just enjoy the upcoming holiday season with family.

I think the financial aspect of paying for a coach will keep accountability! He's an IFBB pro
Oooh, exciting! Of course being able to grow the muscle isn't necessarily the same as knowing technique and teaching others but Canada has some solid candidates.
But it means moving to either California, England, the Netherlands, or back to Western Canada.
Those are... VERY different options!

Your career opportunities sound exciting & daunting at the same time.
For now, I'm going to try and not worry about it too much and just enjoy the upcoming holiday season with family.
That's good thinking.

@Llama for sure! I have three references from friends (or loose associates) who have used this guy in the past with really good feedback (all proactive without me actually asking about him). So, we'll see how it goes. My employer benefits will cover the first 3-months of his coaching, so I will make an executive decision on if it's for me by the end of February! Yes, the locations are all definitely very different, the roles are too. The California role would be in carbon trading, Netherlands conventional commodity trading, and other two roles are within my current organization but more in the BD/Strategy space (just EU/AF vs NA focused).

@Cate thanks! I appreciate how supportive you are.

November 22/22
Weight:
203.2lbs (-0.6lbs / -13.8bs)
BF%: 26.0% (-0.2% / -2.7%)
BMI: 30.1 (-0.1 / -1.8)

Another low for 2022!

Into Day 2 of my coaching. Yesterday I worked Push muscles, and today was Lats and Biceps. The training program is amazing. The meal plan is a lot of volume eating so I feel really full. So that's good.

I'm at the airport now and my flight boards in 10 minutes. It's a quick 2-night trip, but this will be a good test for discipline while travelling. Let's see how this goes.

Into Day 2 of my coaching. Yesterday I worked Push muscles, and today was Lats and Biceps. The training program is amazing. The meal plan is a lot of volume eating so I feel really full. So that's good.
That does sound really good.
Which job offer are you leaning towards?

November 30/22
Weight:
202.2lbs (-1.0lbs / -14.8bs)
BF%: 25.8% (-0.2% / -2.9%)
BMI: 29.9 (-0.2 / -2.0)
Yesterday's Macros: 233 C, 160 P, 27 F

Yesterday's Workout:
Stiff Arm Cable Pulldown: 2x15 - 50lbs
Single Arm Machine Row: 2x12 - 40lbs per arm
Reverse Grip Machine Pulldown: 2x10 - 150lbs
Dumbbell Row: 2x10 - 35lbs per arm
Parallel Grip Cable Row: 2x10 - 100lbs
EZ Bar Curl: 3x12 - 60lbs + Dropset 1x4 50lbs
Single Arm Machine Curl: 3x10 - 45lbs per arm
Standing Machine Calf Raise: 3x12 - 140lbs
Seated Machine Calf Raise: 3x12 - 90lbs
Cardio: Treadmill 3.5 speed, 4.5 incline @ 30 minutes

This morning's weigh in was good. New low for 2022, and according to the BMI scale I've moved from obese to overweight territory (just barely, but still). Hopefully I don't revert back there again.

The work trip last week wasn't ideal. Due to a snowstorm, I got caught for one extra day away from home, and my diet definitely wasn't 100% on the last day that I was stuck. It also made me compress my workout schedule, so today is my first rest day since Thursday.

Work is going well this week. Aside from that, not much to add!

I think in insurance that's called an act of god and you aren't liable for those. Shame they still make themselves felt on the scale...

Wow, congrats on the amazing work opportunities Lingwo! I don't have to do as many work trips now as I did before but even one night with a big meal and drinks in a restaurant makes me gain about 3 pounds, so I completely relate to it making it tricky to lose weight. And those kind of nights aren't ones where you can do your own thing - you have to spend time with the client or colleagues. It's sort of 'part of the job.'

But anyway, well done on all the progress you've made. We're around the same weight, so I hope I can join you in reaching our goal weights some time in 2023! :)

Back