Gastric Balloon - My Journey is about to begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Date!

OK, so the new date for my balloon insertion is May 6. That's not so bad - only a week later than my original date. We're holding May 27 as a back-up in case the balloons haven't arrived. And this time I'm prepared for that possibility, so it won't catch me so off-guard if it does happen. So I'm only two weeks away! Yay!

OK, so the new date for my balloon insertion is May 6. That's not so bad - only a week later than my original date. We're holding May 27 as a back-up in case the balloons haven't arrived. And this time I'm prepared for that possibility, so it won't catch me so off-guard if it does happen. So I'm only two weeks away! Yay!

Good news , I;ll keep my fingers crossed for you.

I did finally eat a very small dinner and plan to drink some complan shakes (build up shakes) tomorrow to keep going.

I heard on this forum that the air filled balloons give less sickness so I hope you dont suffer as much as some of us have done lol.

Let us know how you go.

Amy

Hi
I'm 81kg - hoping to get down to 61kg and I´m having the balloon inserted on the 29th of April, in Spain. The clinic has put me on Omeprazol for the two weeks before the Op. I am hoping this is enough to reduce the terrible post op effects that have been described.
Did those that have had the ball also have pre op medication and still experience extreme nausea and vomiting?

Thank you

Hi
I'm 81kg - hoping to get down to 61kg and I´m having the balloon inserted on the 29th of April, in Spain. The clinic has put me on Omeprazol for the two weeks before the Op. I am hoping this is enough to reduce the terrible post op effects that have been described.
Did those that have had the ball also have pre op medication and still experience extreme nausea and vomiting?

Thank you

I think nothing prepares you fully for the stomach's reaction to having a rather heavy, large balloon in but I hope it works for you. What are the meds meant to do?

Even with the post op effects its the best choice I made , and its all worth it when you see the scales. When I came out from the op I was given IV anti sickness meds , take as much as you can it works.

I have lost well over a stone now in 12 days its really amazing the difference it makes to my attitude to food, I am just not hungry atall.

I am sure you will be fine , let us know how you go, this forum has been great at keeping me going through the rough days.

Good luck Hun x Amy:seeya:

Hi Amy,

Thanks for the reply, the meds are meant to reduce stomach acid.
A stone in 12 days is pretty impressive but even more impressive is your new atitude to food. Are you having to ´force feed´yourself? Did your doctor tell you if the balloon will continually suppress your appetite or if you would become accustomed to it?

Less than a week to go before my its my turn, I´m so excited.

Ta Zoo

Hi,

I´m hoping that when I get my balloon I´ll lose quite a bit of weight. No one knows that I am getting it done apart from my boyfriend and my best friend. A recent worry of mine is what explanation I should give when people start asking about how I am managing to lose weight especially in such a short period. I don´t want to tell everyone that asks, the real reason.
If there is anyone in the same position, if you don´t mind, what has your explanation been?
Thx Zoo

hi everybody
it's my first post ...
as I had my balloon inserted 5 days ago I feel like sharring my experience with somebody....
and I wanna ask about the perfect diet program while I'm heving the balloon
thanks

Hi

Thank you

I had pre-op meds to reduce stomach acid....I dont know if they helpled or not but I suffered terribly the 1st week that I had it in. I have remained on it the full 6 mths. I also was given anti-sickness tabs to take the 1st week plus an anti-sickness patch to put behind my ear.

Hi Amy,

Thanks for the reply, the meds are meant to reduce stomach acid.
A stone in 12 days is pretty impressive but even more impressive is your new atitude to food. Are you having to ´force feed´yourself? Did your doctor tell you if the balloon will continually suppress your appetite or if you would become accustomed to it?

Less than a week to go before my its my turn, I´m so excited.

Ta Zoo

I am on antacid for the duration I have the balloon in I guess you will be too the acid is the issue for me that comes and goes.

I feel like I am forcing feeding at present and I guess if I dont over eat and stretch my stomach it will always feel like this, the clinic says this is quite normal so I wont worry too much.

Weighed myself today now down 1 stone and 5lb. !!!!

Hi,

I´m hoping that when I get my balloon I´ll lose quite a bit of weight. No one knows that I am getting it done apart from my boyfriend and my best friend. A recent worry of mine is what explanation I should give when people start asking about how I am managing to lose weight especially in such a short period. I don´t want to tell everyone that asks, the real reason.
If there is anyone in the same position, if you don´t mind, what has your explanation been?
Thx Zoo

I havd told only my partner and mum , some people have noticed the loss so I was ill (hence my time off) I said I lost so much weight from this it spurred me onto to diet ,said I am on a very low calorie diet.

Its not so much a lie as I was ill and I am now just eating sensibly..They seem to be buying in

hi everybody
it's my first post ...
as I had my balloon inserted 5 days ago I feel like sharring my experience with somebody....
and I wanna ask about the perfect diet program while I'm heving the balloon
thanks

I posted a while back the diet I was given by my clinic basically pureed foods like veg, potato etc I am now on a yogurt for breakfast or half a banana, soup for lunch and a very small piece of meat and fish with a tblspoon or two of veg.

I hope your doing ok, 5 days post op hopefully you will be feeling as little better in the next few days.

Best of luck

Amy

Hi,

Thx Zoo

I'm getting the balloon in 2 weeks, and only my husband knows. I really don't think it's anyone's business, also I think people are always very quick to judge and I'd prefer to avoid the negative energy. I will just tell people that I've started a diet and am really focusing on eating less, which is true.

Thanks for all the advice and support. You guys are right there is no need to provide all the details behind the weight loss (if it does happen). I have read on this thread that not every one achieves weight loss, thats worrying.

AlliCan, I think we might be getting ours on the same day, 29th?

Zoo

Thanks for all the advice and support. You guys are right there is no need to provide all the details behind the weight loss (if it does happen). I have read on this thread that not every one achieves weight loss, thats worrying.

Zoo

I think those who dont loss anything are few and far between , Most as you wil read DO loss weight and I am sure you will too. I have had to realise that this is not a miracle cure it needs will power. Food wise you cant eat loads with out feeling sick but you can still drink , alchol has lots of hiden calories so thats out for me for example.

The 29th is not far away now , I bet your getting excited and probably a little apprehensive as well not doubt....Just think this time next month you will already being seeing the benefits and feeling slimer yipeeeee

Willing the weight loss to continue

Well 14 days post op and in two weeks I have lost 1 stone 6lb (22lb) , I just want this to continue. I cant wait to see the scales read 12 stone then 11 lol

I assume that the weight loss will slow :angelsad2: which is a shame as its been really motivating ...I seem to have lost the weight from my face, and tummy , I still have the hip fat to lose lol and I think this will make a difference to my clothes.

So heres to next weeks weigh in hopefully a few more lb down.

Hows every one elses losses going? Are you all starting to feel the benefits x

Love to you all

Amy

I'm getting the balloon in 2 weeks, and only my husband knows. I really don't think it's anyone's business, also I think people are always very quick to judge and I'd prefer to avoid the negative energy. I will just tell people that I've started a diet and am really focusing on eating less, which is true.
Fair enough, I have had the same also with a few friends. One of my best friends gf had it, and the only reason I knew about it was because they felt confident enough to confide in me and wanted advice in general (because id lost so much weight already).
It still surprised me how uneducated my friend was though (not the gf). They were coming to dinner and i had to ask 'at what point is she at? can she eat meat yet etc?' he had no clue or idea lol. I hadnt known how far along she was (turns out she had been 2 months).
But yeah some people are really judgemental about it. But in the end, so long as you dont regain it and you do loose it, the job is done, doesnt matter how you go about it really (so long as you dont kill yourself and body in the mean time)

Zoo

I was scheduled for the 29th but was changed to May 6 - so I'll be a week behind you. I'm ready though, I'd get it today if I could!

Balloon insertion date 10th April 2009
Loss 18 days later - 1 stone 8lb or 22lb

I am having trouble eating today ie nothing so far apart from a yogurt !!

I have found a soluble multi vit so am taking those to keep my recommended daily intake in the right region. Also having the odd protein shake.

Hope everyone else is doing ok. How is the weight loss is going and how your finding it?

Balloon insertion date 10th April 2009
Loss 18 days later - 1 stone 8lb or 22lb

I am having trouble eating today ie nothing so far apart from a yogurt !!

I have found a soluble multi vit so am taking those to keep my recommended daily intake in the right region. Also having the odd protein shake.

Hope everyone else is doing ok. How is the weight loss is going and how your finding it?

5 weeks in and not to be a downer but I am one of the slow losers on this program i was quite ill for 2 weeks and once i started eating then that was it the weight loss slowed down I have only lost 14 pounds so I am trying to kick myself in the arse to get back on track its really mind over matter at the moment, the balloon does not reduce the appetite it just makes u feel fuller quicker and it is very uncomfortable when u over eat and sometimes I am very ill then, had my monthly follow up the other day and the nurse said it can take 4 months for the mind to catch up with the body so i am not being too hard on myself its all about breaking the bad habits of a life time.

I am so impressed by ur weight loss its awesome u are practically half way there well done, i enjoy following ur blog.

Another F#^$%#(&ing delay!

Well, my insertion date has once again been postponed... to May 27. I was aware of the possibility because of the back-order shipping them to Canada from Europe. This afternoon I thought about getting it done somewhere else, but that would involve at minimum a 6-hour flight to Toronto, so it probably makes more sense to wait a few more weeks and get it done in the comfort of my hometown, Vancouver. :banghead:

I am just so anxious to get underway, especially when I am reading all of your success stories! Maybe I should make it a personal challenge to see how much weight I can lose on my own in the next month while I wait for May 27.

:nopity: I know I shouldn't be feeling sorry myself, there certainly are greater challenges people have to face!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back