Gastric Balloon - My Journey is about to begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
well good day today

breakfast-half a pot of yogurt
Lunch-Half a small bowl of soup
Dinner- tablespoon of mashed fish and a couple of teaspoons of mashed veg

And I am still stuffed...so pleased with myself and my little friend the balloon for not making me throw it all up lol.

Hope you are all doing ok let us know how your getting on xx amy

well done - the sense of achievement when u eat something and it stays down is great you will be up proper solids in no time.

I am doing good today after a rocky few days which I have put down to the learning curve after all I only have the ballooon over 3 weeks i think i got too excited to be able to eat again and overdid it.

I am on the weight watchers points plan now to help me manage portion size. What I am finding hardest is learning to listen to my body telling me its full so now i eat slowly chew thoroughly and try to take about 20 mins over a meal to guage how full i am, its hard when ur programmed since childhood to clear the plate!!!!!

heres to another good day tomorrow

Setback

Well, I just got a call from the doctor's office, and the balloons are on backorder. You have to be kidding me! They use a balloon called the heliosphere, it's a newer one, from France, and filled with air rather than saline. They won't have any until at least May 6, so I have to reschedule my original date of April 29. I have already been on pins and needles trying to wait patiently for the 29! I cried when I got the call - I realize it's completely irrational to be sad about this, but I am feeling kind of depressed about it. With my work schedule I can't find a new date until the end of May or into June... damn I just want the balloon now! I'll let you know when I have a new date.

Well, I just got a call from the doctor's office, and the balloons are on backorder. You have to be kidding me! They use a balloon called the heliosphere, it's a newer one, from France, and filled with air rather than saline. They won't have any until at least May 6, so I have to reschedule my original date of April 29. I have already been on pins and needles trying to wait patiently for the 29! I cried when I got the call - I realize it's completely irrational to be sad about this, but I am feeling kind of depressed about it. With my work schedule I can't find a new date until the end of May or into June... damn I just want the balloon now! I'll let you know when I have a new date.

oh dear that is dreadful...I can only how you feel , looking back at the start I was so impatient to get mine in i would feel the same in your boat. Are there any other clinics that you could use or could you have the normal saline filled one perhaps if they have use of these.

sending hugs :grouphug:

wait for it.....

I cant quite believe I;m saying this but I have lost , accordinging to the scales, which better not be lying , 14 lb thats a whole stone!!!! yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ok a little chuffed, I cant remember the last time I lost a whole stone.

two more at least to go roll on summer ....I will be be a skinny mini lol

:party::party::party::party::party:

I cant quite believe I;m saying this but I have lost , accordinging to the scales, which better not be lying , 14 lb thats a whole stone!!!! yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

WOW - Great job Amy! That is so exciting and inspirational!

I should know by the end of the day when my new date is. I'm trying to move some things around at work so I can have it done on May 6. Otherwise I'll be looking at May 27. I guess it's not the end of the world, but if I could go in today I would!

This is the only place in Vancouver that does them, and it makes sense to stick at home if I can rather than fly to Toronto or Montreal, as those are 6+ hour flights and pretty expensive and hard to justify when I'm able to do it here. They only use the air-filled, called the "heliosphere". I guess the saline-filled one is called the BIB. From what I understand there are pros and cons to each, but apparently the air-filled one cause a bit less sickness at the beginning as they sit higher in the stomach, but I'm not counting on that and am preparing myself for a pretty terrible first week.

I'm so happy for you that the balloon is working, keep it up!:hurray:

omg thats is fantastic well done what a fabulous start ur a third of the way there practically. it usually takes so long to lose that first stone so to lose it in a week is wonderful, this will give us all a spur on too that it is achievable for all of us. ur clothes will be hanging off you!!!!
:hurray:

My size 18 jeans are very loose ...I can actually get them off without undoing them lol.

I am going to wear my 16s (or thin day trousers as I called them) tomorrow yipeeeeee.

I just hope the losses continue , I am trying to be realistic though I know that this weight loss cant be maintained at this rate , for one it just wouldnt be healthy I guess.

Today I had a banana, a muller light yogurt and a tablespoon of mince and a tablespoon of mash potato ( no butter ) and once again I am stuffed. I just am thrilled that its working.

Take care all, make sure you update as soon Amy xx

My size 18 jeans are very loose ...I can actually get them off without undoing them lol.

I am going to wear my 16s (or thin day trousers as I called them) tomorrow yipeeeeee.

I just hope the losses continue , I am trying to be realistic though I know that this weight loss cant be maintained at this rate , for one it just wouldnt be healthy I guess.

Today I had a banana, a muller light yogurt and a tablespoon of mince and a tablespoon of mash potato ( no butter ) and once again I am stuffed. I just am thrilled that its working.

Take care all, make sure you update as soon Amy xx

I remember muller light yogurt...that stuff was tasty....

You're lucky in that you can find the full fat Greek yogurt pretty much everywhere in the UK. That stuff is sooooo good.

Hey all, I came accross this website just a few days ago and have been looking at all the posts regarding the gastric balloon which I have found very useful. I had my balloon inserted 7 weeks ago and so far I have lost 20lbs which i am naturally delighted about!! :) But it has been hard as some of the side effects have been awful (acid mainly) but i have new meds now which seem to have that under control. I felt fine after the insertion and was able to leave the clinic a day early but the sickness and nausea hit me a few days later! I am finding that i can eat more now as i fell a lot better but i realise that I have to change previous habits (but i had hoped and thought that the balloon would make me feel full for 6 months?). My target is 3&1/2 stones so I am hoping i manage to achieve that. It is inspiring to read the success stories on this site so I will be posting again soon! :) wishing everyone lots of success, Debs x

Hey all, I came accross this website just a few days ago and have been looking at all the posts regarding the gastric balloon which I have found very useful. I had my balloon inserted 7 weeks ago and so far I have lost 20lbs which i am naturally delighted about!! :) But it has been hard as some of the side effects have been awful (acid mainly) but i have new meds now which seem to have that under control. I felt fine after the insertion and was able to leave the clinic a day early but the sickness and nausea hit me a few days later! I am finding that i can eat more now as i fell a lot better but i realise that I have to change previous habits (but i had hoped and thought that the balloon would make me feel full for 6 months?). My target is 3&1/2 stones so I am hoping i manage to achieve that. It is inspiring to read the success stories on this site so I will be posting again soon! :) wishing everyone lots of success, Debs x

Welcome Debbie, Well done on the loss ..20lb is a great loss , Like you the acid is the worst thing for me, but it seems to have improved somewhat.

My understanding is the balloon takes up space in your stomach so u should feel fuller sooner whilst its in. reading the posts on this site you will see everyone has different experiences with some people being able to eat anything and everything and others barely managing a yogurt. I am eating really slowly and am finding I am full quicker but as you say we still need willpower.

Good luck and please post again to let us know how your getting on.

Amyxx

Welcome Debbie, Well done on the loss ..20lb is a great loss , Like you the acid is the worst thing for me, but it seems to have improved somewhat.

My understanding is the balloon takes up space in your stomach so u should feel fuller sooner whilst its in. reading the posts on this site you will see everyone has different experiences with some people being able to eat anything and everything and others barely managing a yogurt. I am eating really slowly and am finding I am full quicker but as you say we still need willpower.

Good luck and please post again to let us know how your getting on.

Amyxx

Hi Amy,

Yeah the acid was a problem but It is much better now, I definetely can't eat anything like before but i suppose i was getting a little worried that I may have gotten all the benefit it was going to give me once my body had started to get used to it. But, I cant eat as much as before so it's still doing it's job also, I was (am) a huge comfort eater so food cravings can come from my head and not my stomach, but it's so hard to tell the difference!

Like most people on this board, I spent a lot of money getting this done having tried so many different methods before, so i am DETERMINED to make it work.

What did you take for your acid, to get it under control, i had a bad day today with acid and am just wondering if it will be like this for the whole time?

Debbie
xx

Hi Amy,

Yeah the acid was a problem but It is much better now, I definetely can't eat anything like before but i suppose i was getting a little worried that I may have gotten all the benefit it was going to give me once my body had started to get used to it. But, I cant eat as much as before so it's still doing it's job also, I was (am) a huge comfort eater so food cravings can come from my head and not my stomach, but it's so hard to tell the difference!

Like most people on this board, I spent a lot of money getting this done having tried so many different methods before, so i am DETERMINED to make it work.

What did you take for your acid, to get it under control, i had a bad day today with acid and am just wondering if it will be like this for the whole time?

Debbie
xx

Hey Debbie,

Well done on ur loss thats so much weight i hope i will do that well 7 weeks in, so far I am down 14 pounds in 4 weeks which i am thrilled about even if the reality of the balloon did hit me last week. I know now it is not a miracle cure merely a very helpful tool to lose weight, i am following weight watchers which is so much easier as I get fuller on less food and for longer too. like u i have severe eating habits to amend and I really need extra help regarding emotional eating, one nasty incident on tuesday had me scoffing all day and vomiting for my efforts so i deffo need to get a handle on that. keep posting I am finding it so helpful to check into this forum everyday it makes me feel not so alone with my balloon.

Have a great weekend
Ellen:coolgleamA:

Debbie- I am using Zantac (over the counter stuff) and it seems to be working well. If I have a particualary nasty bout I slurp down a bit of liquid gavisicon lol.

For me the savoury foods get me everytime, I take or leave sweets and choc, but give me a pork pie or sausage roll and I'm off lol.

Luckily I havent as yet fancied either of the about , I dont know if its the balloon or not but I find myself wanting lighter foods (prob worried I'll be sick on anything more perhaps?)

love to you all Amy xx

:grouphug:

Suggestions?

Hiya, I'm fonsidering having a balloon fitted in London. Any suggestions on where to go. I'm really nervous but desperate to get the balloon fitted. :blush5:

Hiya, I'm fonsidering having a balloon fitted in London. Any suggestions on where to go. I'm really nervous but desperate to get the balloon fitted. :blush5:

I went to Prague Beauty in czh republic, excellent service and for under half the price.

I was really nervous as well its not an easy option ,but these forums are great for moral support so let us know how you get on balloon or not.

I have to say for me , dispite the rough first week, it is so far the best money I have spent.

............And guys drum rollllllllll I am now 12 stone 13lb -thats 1 stone 2 lb in 1 wrek 2 days .Not only that its the first time I have seen 12 stone anything on my scales , in a very long time lol

Love to u all amyx:grouphug:

Fanx

I'm gnna check out their website in a sec. I dnt mind goin abroad and saving some money (lol). I was jus worried about whether or not their 'testimonies' by past patients are real. My hubby not to keen on me havin da op, so mite just suggest I'm goin away on a girly hol. I'm soooooooooo nervous. Gotn a consultation on Tuesday in Harley street. I'll let every1 kno what I decide.

CONGRATS ON DA WEIGHT LOSS!!!!!x

Ophsss

Well today was not good food wise...

Yogurt breakfast and then I got a little too ambitious I think ...Two very small roast potatoes, quarter of a chicken breast and a tablespoon of veg oh and a small parsnip. I ate from a side plate and it was no where near full.

This was the largest meal I have had since the op. And after an hour and half of eating :puke::puke: .....it all came up again.

So the moral of the story is.... I am going back a step in portion size.......I have managed 1/4 chicken breast and some mashed carrot and swede so I think the potato must have been too hard to digest.

I have to say the sickness was rather violent and not something I want to repeat in a hurry , I felt out of sorts for a hour or so after being sick but it was a welcome relief to the stomach cramps after eating.

This is a behaviour modification tool , and dispite the crap sickness I still dont regret a thing ( what a sadist lol) I am after all down over a stone.

Hope your all well.Amyxx :seeya:

10 days post op

Well back to work today, took some time off over the easter break to fully recoperate.

Work was fine took a yogurt in for breakfast and carrot and corriander soup for lunch was so stuffed. I could normally have eaten a bacon sarnie for breakie and a large bagette with cheese/tom for lunch!!!

Managed.. just about... a 1/4 chicken breast for dinner and some carrot.

Feel back on track from yesterdays disaster lol:party:

People from work dont know about the balloon but I got two comments about my slimmer looking face yippee. I think I notice the difference in my tummy area but still a way to go.

let me know how your all getting on , are you all losing lots and lots?

Amyx

cant eat ??

Today I just cant eat , I have only had 1/2 a banana and feel so full and uncomfortable I havent fancied anything else , I am going to try and get a little dinner down as it doesnt feel right to have nothing else all day.

Has anyone else had this happen to them?? am worried its not normal yikes !!

Today I just cant eat , I have only had 1/2 a banana and feel so full and uncomfortable I havent fancied anything else , I am going to try and get a little dinner down as it doesnt feel right to have nothing else all day.

Has anyone else had this happen to them?? am worried its not normal yikes !!

What about trying meal replacement shakes? I would think you want to ensure you're getting some calories in so you don't go into starvation mode. You could try a shake (do you have Boost or Ensure where you are? Or even something like Carnation Instant Breakfast) and sip on it over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back