Gastric Balloon - My Journey is about to begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
@AlligatorCAN- I am in the same position- I do not expect there will be much support after the balloon. The place I am having it put in is a private plastic surgeon's hospital.
They've told me that I ll be able to eat everything (so no food will be off limits).

@ Amy- I, too, hope that this will work for us! I was so very excited at first, but now, reading that it doesn't "work" always, I am worried.
It would be such a relief if it really worked. OMG, mu life would change!

Girls, so do you work out? Or intend to?

working out

I do hope to work out I walk lots but want to get back to running I think If Iost a stone I would feel comfortable getting back to running without my knees screamimng ouchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:eek:

I intend to work out, I used to be an athlete and would like to be that again someday. I've always found in the past that I feel great with more muscle, so I'll be lifting weights, riding my bike, and swimming. I want to return to running once I've lost some weight - same reason - too heavy for my knees!

I am using the balloon as a tool to change my life. Eating less, picking up better habits, and exercise - all things I need to do to get myself to be better than before. I turn 40 next year and I want to be an in-shape 40, not wishing I was something else. I also get nervous when I hear stories of it not working, but I hope that I can do it, and I really feel deep down inside like this is what I need to do.

wondering .....hmmm

I wonder if post balloon insertion whether I will feel the balloon for the entire 6 months..all this talk of excercise has got me thinking will I feel it 'giggling; about?? I guess I will ..how can u not when running for example....

The same as everyone else who has planned this op I hope this works for me but am realistic and know this will take will power..

Is anyone planning a last supper I will take the opportunity pre op to have a nice meal with my nearest and dearest in case it is somewhile till I feel able to sit down for a 'normal' meal...nothing extravagant as I dont think that would be the right path but perhaps a nice steak and salad ...:grouphug:

Good luck!

Just wanted to say best wishes to Orchid_girl and Amy! I'll be thinking of you over the next few days and wondering how things are going. I'm 3 weeks away from getting the balloon and will be watching for your posts.

Amy - what did you decide about the "last supper"? I still can't decide if I want one or not...

:party:

two days to go....

Well two more days left to go, I have to stop eating at 5pm tomorrow for the op first thing Friday morning...I have tonight had a steak and salad as a kind of last proper meal treat, I plan to be sensible tomorrow as I dont want to over do it before friday morning.

I got my banker draft for payment to the clinic today...so its kind of all very really the money is no longer mine just sitting there waiting lol

I have stocked up on jelly, yogurts, fruit to puree,, broth ingredients etc ready for post op and I have also invested in some anti sickness braclets as someone else mentioned these really helped , I guess its worth a shot.

I will post up to tomorrow night the as soon as I am able after the op.

hope everyone is well...amyx

I am now nil by mouth

Well...I am now nil by mouth in preparation for tomorrow mornings op.

We are flying out at 5am from the uk so will be up from about 3am and no doubt I will be rather hungry.

I am really nervous about the operation itself, I hope I dont feel anything when swallowing the balloon down, I just want it over and done with.

How is everyone else doing, hope your all well. I will post as soon as I am able to. Wish me luck...

I;m back from prague..today is day threee post balloon

Well, its done , I am suffering somewhat I have to say the reality has hit me like a tonne weight. I am sick, crampy and the most horrific acid , I have also hads moments where I have said that its I want it OUT!!!

I am dertemined to make this work , any postive stories would be great right now as at the moment I just feel crappy.

Well, its done , I am suffering somewhat I have to say the reality has hit me like a tonne weight. I am sick, crampy and the most horrific acid , I have also hads moments where I have said that its I want it OUT!!!

I am dertemined to make this work , any postive stories would be great right now as at the moment I just feel crappy.

the good news is everyday u will feel so much better dont expect anything major from urself these next few days as the crappiness is worse the quicker u try to get back to normal, in a week or so u will be eating ur little dinner thinking this is great i love this balloon and the lovely lower number on the scales each week will make these few days worth it :seeya:

Hang in there Amy! It will be all be worth it.

Orchidgirl - how are you doing?

Well I managed to sleep for about 4 hrs last night which is an improvement on the last couple of nights...,lying on my left side is better for ther acid I have found which is bizzare>>>>

I cant believe that I have managed to survive since thursday on at most 1 1/2 small yogurt pots, tea, water and a small ice pole and a tiny tiny portion of broth (not each day day but in total!!!!) Is this normal???? I am worried its not enough. Still feeling crampy or totally stuffed all the time but I guess its part of the course.

Still coming to terms with this and off course have the the odd moment of what have I have done thanks for the good luck msgs they are really keeping me going....

Orchid girl how r u going?

Hi I was the same at first could not eat much at all for 3 wks couple of yoghurts and some milky food drinks.

I could not eat solid food for over a month but felt o.k.
like your self had to and still do sleep on left as ballon then goes in place at bottom of stomach, presume you are on the meds as well am and pm?

i have had lots of problems with foods, but saw it as a way to lose weight enven now on last month and can and only want a small plate and not too much carbs.

See it as retraining and it will work honest ! Gloria:seeya:

:ack2:I am on anti sickness tabs and antacid morning and night which seem to help somewhat, the sickness seems to come at odd times as I am not sick straight after something more like 1 hour plus after!!!! all very odd.

Just hope in a couple of days I feel a little better than now

What i;ve eaten today

Well 1/2 yogurt and a small bowl of clear broth made by my own fair hand lol. (frozen before I went in) I might have another bowl for tea but at the moment feel stuffed.

Good news is I found some ketosis sticks (which u use with lighter life ..u wee on them) and I am in kestosis, fat burning mode, yipee so at least there is a plus side to the nausea and cramps.

dont want to jinx myself but I havent been sick for about 12 hours now..thats not to say I wont be again of course :ack2: but its nice to have a rest from it.

I was expecting to be back at work today but have now taken the rest of the week off to fully recooperate.

how is everyone else getting on hope your all managing to rest and keep your selves well.

nearly forgot to ask what meds u are all on ...

hey glad to hear ur feeling better I am having a bad week I am literally eating what i like with no ill effects so i am joing weight watchers tomorrow to try get into better habits altough i am eating nowhere near what i used to so i cant beat myself up too much u know. i am on lopraz which is like zoton its very expensive a hundred euros a month which the clinic did not tell me before i had the balloon :rant:

working for me ....8lb lost in 5 days

Well guy, I have taken myself of the stomach pain/cramp meds prescribed by the clinic and have today tried Buscupan ( over the counter IBS anti cramp meds) and they work better!!! What made me decide was looking uo agifan neo on the net ( what the clinic prescribed) it seems some countries have banned it due to side effects.

It might be worth a shot if you are not happy with current meds , as its over the counter its cheaper too.

Also have found some still drinks call diet doctor full of vits and minerals and , makes a nice change to plain water really making me feel better.

And I know I am not yet a week in but drum roll.....I have lost a whooping 8lb so far in 5 days ( inc op day):party: So although I dont feel great yet this is hugely motivating

Well guy, I have taken myself of the stomach pain/cramp meds prescribed by the clinic and have today tried Buscupan ( over the counter IBS anti cramp meds) and they work better!!! What made me decide was looking uo agifan neo on the net ( what the clinic prescribed) it seems some countries have banned it due to side effects.

It might be worth a shot if you are not happy with current meds , as its over the counter its cheaper too.

Also have found some still drinks call diet doctor full of vits and minerals and , makes a nice change to plain water really making me feel better.

And I know I am not yet a week in but drum roll.....I have lost a whooping 8lb so far in 5 days ( inc op day):party: So although I dont feel great yet this is hugely motivating

i have to wonder what the real risk of an ulcer is or are they just covering themselves by prescribing zoton and lopraz i will ask the chemist is there a more wallet friendly over the counter version because i am already up to my eyes paying for the balloon now i will have weight watchers and the meds its a lot of expense.

well done u on ur initial weight loss it makes the shitty first few days so worth it.

:grouphug:

Progress

well good day today

breakfast-half a pot of yogurt
Lunch-Half a small bowl of soup
Dinner- tablespoon of mashed fish and a couple of teaspoons of mashed veg

And I am still stuffed...so pleased with myself and my little friend the balloon for not making me throw it all up lol.

Hope you are all doing ok let us know how your getting on xx amy

Glad to know things are looking up for you Amy! I'm exactly two weeks away from getting the balloon and it can't come any quicker as far as I'm concerned. Of course I'm a bit nervous about getting sick, but I am still excited and think that's a small price to pay. Reading your posts have kept me going for the last week, I feel so impatient just wanting to get this done!

Orchid girl - hope you're doing ok, haven't heard from you and I think your insertion date was April 9?

Best,
Alison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back