Cohen's Lifestyle Cohens Lifestyle Support - New

Prefix for Cohen's Lifestyle
Cate I dont think anyone could have ever said it better!!!!!

Thank-you for this post and I can testify 100% that this is the attitude you need to have to succeed on Cohen's! There is no way I could even have imagined loosing any of the 50kg's I have planned on loosing if I was constantly on and off the plan. I tried that at my very first attempt with Cohen's 5 years ago and that set me up in bad stead! This is what caused me to over-eat then go on plan, then binge then go on plan and gain another 35kg's on top of what I inicially started at when I first tried Cohen's! I can tell you the only way that I have been able to loose so much weight NOW is by being on Cohen's 100% deviaton free. Sure I moved country and it wasn't possible to be on plan inicially living in an atic but as soon as I got a room with a kitchen I was back on 100% 100%!!!!! Deviating just doesn't work and it will cause you to have an even BIGGER problem than what you started with. Either do Cohen's 100% stick to everything the good Dr say's and loose the weight- forever or just dont do the plan AT ALL!! This just wont work and if you need I reference for that, here I am!

Thanks again Cate for your honest post, people REALLY need to read that before they consider signing up for the program.

To all of you out there reading this it is designed to help you and stop you from getting into a bigger problem of binging.

With much love and care!! xxx Nicole
Cohen's WORKS if you work it!!!

Hi everyone I am new to this forum and was reading about the Cohen lifestyle "diet" (for want of a better word). All your posts are really helpful.

I have signed up and supposed to do the blood test tomorrow.
Thanks Cate for that detailed post on deviating from Cohens. It helps to know up front. I am looking at this as my life and not just a diet.

Wish me luck!

Welcome Art

good news on you joining up with Cohens. You won't regret it...not if you listen to Cates advice above.

You can open your on diary in here and trace your everyday happenings with Cohens when you are ready.

All the best now - Sam:)

Hi Art & welcome to Cohen's & the forum. You have made an excellent decision! I wish you all the best & will keep an eye out for you. Cheers, Cate.

Thank you Sam & Cate.

I am waiting for my blood test results and for the program. Should be another day or 2. With your support I am sure I can do it.

Will keep everyone posted.

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,
It was great to read through the forum again as I became a member back in 2005 when I first went on Cohen's and found it great to be able to speak with other people doing the same thing. It is extremely important for someone who understands to be there if you need help. I stated the diet on 3 Oct 05 and ended on the 9 Jan 06. My weigh in weight was 90.3 k's and in just 99 day I was 57.45 k's. Trust me it works but as Cate said, you can not break it for anything. I stuck to it 110% for 99 days and OMG all I can say everyone who is thinking of it is, JUST DO IT, words can not explain how different you will feel and how different you life will be.
Well 3 years later and going through a break up after 18 years I have put a some back on and now back at 73.9 KGS this morning and feeling disgusted with myself. I just dont seam to have any willpower any more. I am hoping all your help and support that it will give me hope to start and stick to it again.
Looking forward to reading the threads daily.
JOY:waving:

Hi Joysey & welcome back to the forum & to Cohen's. Don't be disgusted with yourself. I don't know any perfect people. You have not put all of the weight back on & it's great that you have put a stop to it. I'm sorry about your relationship ending. After 18 years that would really hurt. Going back on Cohen's & re-committing to your physical health & well being should help the healing process. Cheers, Cate.

Thanks Cate,
It will be interesting to see if the old diet plan works or not after nearly 4 years. Shall keep you posted.
JOY

Hi Joysey and welcome back. It is good to hear from someone who got to their desired goal weight successfully - that too a while back - because it means this is not a temporary solution.

I am so looking forward to this. Still waiting for my program details though.:toetap05:

Hi Art,
Shouldn't be too far away now, I bet you can't wait to begin. If you ever have any questions please don't hesitate to email me.
JOY

Dr Cohen's the best

Hey guys.

I've lost 45kg in 4 months on this eating plan and still going strong. I have refered 43 people to Dr. Cohen's consultants so far. I manage to become a competitive Mountain Biker and now copeteting on a national level all around the country.

I am also starting in December to work as a Personal Trainer.:biggrinjester: This all because of Dr. Cohens diet.

Just thought I share my story with you.

Wow! Congratulations! What a turnaround.
It's thanks to Dr Cohen's & yourself! Well done!
That is truly inspirational. Cheers, Cate.

I frankly don't understand why there is no exercise included in Dr.Cohen's program. The eating plan is good and follows a natural pattern human beings were meant to follow.
However, it is exercise which burns fat and builds muscle and not dieting. It is far better to burn the fat than to starve the fat. They may proclaim fat will be burned automatically following a healthy diet and lifestyle but physical exercise will initiate fat burning almost immediately and safely. No program could be complete without it.

Here is an interesting link to the New York Times magazine-

& I like this analogy,
"I liken Cohens to "running a dual fuel car.

Car ( your body) can be petrol (glucose from carbs) or LP gas ( fat from stores) driven

BUT
If you want to go very fast ( exercise) you must use petrol (carbs)
If you are cruising (low exercise) you can use gas (fat)

But you cannot go hard on gas.

We have been adding to our gas tanks too much and it is overloaded , spilling out, slowing down the car overall (metabolisim) and affecting the engine (your body).

We need to empty the gastank to go fast again."

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but that does not mean that you or I are right. I think that I would not have completed my program if I had exercised like I do now as it makes me hungry & building muscle also adds extra weight & size. I love seeing the definition in my arms now but it would have taken away from the delight in seeing myself shrink on the program.
Also I would have really struggled with it on a reduced food intake.

Losing 36kgs in 28 weeks was enough incentive to maintain my weight loss & since getting to goal weight I have incorporated an exercise program into my maintenance program to gradually get fitter & to maintain a healthy weight. Everything that Cohen's told me would happen did. It was the first thing that really worked for me & I saw no reason to doubt their advice & to argue against everything that they recommended. I'm so glad that I followed it to the letter & I will never be obese again.

Cheers, Cate.
Cheers, Cate.

I frankly don't understand why there is no exercise included in Dr.Cohen's program. The eating plan is good and follows a natural pattern human beings were meant to follow.
However, it is exercise which burns fat and builds muscle and not dieting. It is far better to burn the fat than to starve the fat. They may proclaim fat will be burned automatically following a healthy diet and lifestyle but physical exercise will initiate fat burning almost immediately and safely. No program could be complete without it.

I agree, I think where people actaually loose faith is when there are no physical excersising involved. But it does not stop you from starting once done with the programme. How could you not be active after loosing lots of weight? :nopity:

Here is an interesting link to the New York Times magazine-

& I like this analogy,
"I liken Cohens to "running a dual fuel car.

Car ( your body) can be petrol (glucose from carbs) or LP gas ( fat from stores) driven

BUT
If you want to go very fast ( exercise) you must use petrol (carbs)
If you are cruising (low exercise) you can use gas (fat)

But you cannot go hard on gas.

We have been adding to our gas tanks too much and it is overloaded , spilling out, slowing down the car overall (metabolisim) and affecting the engine (your body).

We need to empty the gastank to go fast again."

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but that does not mean that you or I are right. I think that I would not have completed my program if I had exercised like I do now as it makes me hungry & building muscle also adds extra weight & size. I love seeing the definition in my arms now but it would have taken away from the delight in seeing myself shrink on the program.
Also I would have really struggled with it on a reduced food intake.

Losing 36kgs in 28 weeks was enough incentive to maintain my weight loss & since getting to goal weight I have incorporated an exercise program into my maintenance program to gradually get fitter & to maintain a healthy weight. Everything that Cohen's told me would happen did. It was the first thing that really worked for me & I saw no reason to doubt their advice & to argue against everything that they recommended. I'm so glad that I followed it to the letter & I will never be obese again.

Cheers, Cate.
Cheers, Cate.

This is so true Cate, the secret here is follow this to the -T, no questions asked, my GP questioned the programme and eventually gave up on trying to reveal the secrets of the programme. He eventually put his own daughter on Dr Cohen and it worked for her as well. After loosing all my weight I started training because I realise I hardly had any muscle structure. I picked up 8kg's but I know it is not fat, I go to gym 5 times a week and ride my Mountain Bike almost daily. Building all of the Lean Body Mass makes me feel even better and the added strenght increases my metabolism even more.

So my tip is don't sit still ater loosing it all, you've just gained so much in order to make yourself a better person.

Hi Guys,

This clinic looks kinda impressive..but sadly it aint in my country :/

So is thr a possible way of knowing more abt it?? I tried thru email also but its kinda complicated.

Newbie to Cohen

Hi all

I am a newbie to Cohens and trying to get my head around what I should (and shouldnt) be eating and when! I feel motivated for this journey but also a little overwelmed!!!

Appreciate any support or guidance

Hi dmgale & welcome to the forum. It's a good idea to really study your plan & make sure that you understand it well before you start. One great thing about Cohen's is that it is black & white. If it's not on the plan you can't have it. Anything that you are unsure of in particular if, after reading your plan again & not being able to work it out, come in here & ask and/or ask your consultant, either by email or phone.
Everything new can be overwhelming. Try to look at it in a positive light. Think about why you want to do this & what you think the advantages will be in becoming slim. Look at our thread "The advantages of losing weight, becoming slim & staying slim." Think about your reasons & how much you think your life would be improved. Then decide to go for it & follow Cohen's 100% to get to where you want to be. Start a diary of your own. Click on the orange box near the top that says "Start new thread." Call it what you like but make it obvious that it is your personal diary. You are more likely to get answers to your questions there as well but it will be good for you to put down your thoughts as you go. It can be amazing then to look back & see how you grow in strength & self-esteem as you lose your excess weight. All the best for now. Ask away about anything specific & I'll keep an eye out for you. Cheers for now, Cate

Back