Cohen's Lifestyle Cohens Lifestyle Support - New

Prefix for Cohen's Lifestyle
Hi melting away & welcome to the forum. There aren't many people on Cohen's in this forum at the moment & it is always lovely to have someone new. It's a good idea to start a new thread & label it something that will make it obvious that it is your diary- for example "Melting away, doing just that" or "Melting Away's diary".
Typing in a a diary online & expressing your feelings & putting them out there is very therapeutic. Even if not many people type in your diary it will help you to articulate your thoughts and problems & that will help you to help yourself. It's also great to go back to read over later so that you can see how far you have gone.
There are other forums that I have a look at occasionally but I have always felt more at home here. It's always fun to share the enthusiasm that people have when they embark on what should be a life changing experience. I look forward to following your life changing journey. Cheers, Cate.

Hi Cate
Thanks so much for your reply.
I went and had my blood test and then went to sign up at our local clinic wahoo feeling very excited about it all.
I have spent a lot of time reading the posts in this forum of people who have don't Cohen, s its very empowering to say the least.
Think I will start a thread to write how its going etc..
once again thanks so much Janine

Congrats, Meltingaway. You've made a great choice! I look forward to reading about your progress. I'm doing the program in the US and I love it. It's strict, as Cate said, but I really need that kind of structure. I think you'll like it too. Most importantly, you'll get results. Good luck!

Congrats, Meltingaway. You've made a great choice! I look forward to reading about your progress. I'm doing the program in the US and I love it. It's strict, as Cate said, but I really need that kind of structure. I think you'll like it too. Most importantly, you'll get results. Good luck!

Thanks babyfatNomore I found the posts in here very positive and helpful so pleased I can come here and find support and support others as well.

Im hoping that today I here back from the clinic to say my programm is ready I just want to get started...

I have my appointment for Monday to pick up my diet plan and meet with the consultant nervous and very excited.

I'm freely talking with people about Cohen diet and the results (carry their booklet with me) it amazes me the amount of people who have heard of it through someone or themselves who have done it,, so much positivity around me at the moment.

My sister is going for her bloods this Tuesday so Im even more excited we can do it together,,,,we have a family get together tomorrow so we are taking our fatty shots so by Christmas we sound be looking pretty darn skinny...

Hi Meltingaway, That's great that you will have a 'diet buddy' who will share it all with you. Your success will have you so excited & wanting to share it with everyone & you will be able to bounce a little of that off one another as a buffer. lol. I used to sound like a religious convert & could see eyes glazing over. That's one of the reasons I searched for a forum and found this one. I'm excited for you & can't wait to read about your journey (& your sisters) xo Cate

Hi guys new to the forum and just wanted to say hi and looking forward to getting slim again. these new pills i am on seem to be working but time will tell so far so good.

Ahh sf- a magic wand would be handy too! Personally losing weight eating fresh fruit, vegetables & lean protein is a better long-term alternative. :)

Just a quick question, I am new to this, and when it states the amount of veggies you are allowed, eg 110gm's, I am assuming that is the total amount of mixed veggies of your choice? I have contacted the programme people, but as yet no response and I am starting tomorrow! Saturday, so I am not at work!!!!

All suggestions would also be greatly appreciated!!!

Tina

Scubarose- It's 110g total of whatever you choose from the list of Cohen's allowed vegies. Tickers don't seem to work any more on the forum, except for a few who don't have any problems for some weird reason. It's a glitch in the system. All the best with Cohen's. Stick with it 100% & it will work 100%. Cheers, Cate.

So I'm reading the recipe book, which looks yum!! Deciding where to start!! Where it has assorted veg and allowance next to it, if there are 3 veg from allowance that is the total for all three is that correct??

That's right. You'll get used to the small portions. I nearly freaked out when I first saw them! It will ALL be worth it! I'm very tired tonight but just popped in quickly to see how you're going. Cheers, Cate

Thanks, I'm doing good thanks!

Survived one week!!

lost a total of 25cm's and 5.4kg's so I'm really happy!!

Getting easier! Still miss a few foods! but I'm coping!

Have some trouble keeping up the water intake sometimes! though living in FNQ helps! except when your inside in the airconditioning and don't feel like drinking! but I manage 2.5 - 3 litres per day!!

Cheers

Tina

Don't worry about it. Well done you!! You miss foods less & less the more you lose weight & cms! 25cm's and 5.4kg will sure help. Stick with it 100% & you will get to your goal weight 100%. Cheers, Cate

First time on Cohen...First 5 weeks in!

Hi there! I am not really a literary person - writing is not my thing, how much more so writing about myself. But I am going to give it a try... and oh, I even started a blog too! :blush5: It's my first time ever on Cohen, and I am already in my 6th week of my 12 weeks program. The first month has been going really well for me - why, I was losing an average of 2.8 lbs. a week, and I feel great! My friend did it but unable to complete the program due to health scare. So, I can't deny that I was apprehensive at first to start, but not because of this possible "health scare", it's because I was afraid I would fail due to its strictly regimented program. I have always been an extemporaneous kind of girl... someone that is compulsive, especially about how I eat. But I have never been heavy all my life, until I reached the big 4-0. I know there are a lot more culprits of middle age, but I think it's more about my eating habit that finally caught up with me. I packed an uncomfortable 162 lbs. in my 5'2" frame... I felt icky!!! So, I am determined to give it a try, and I was proud to report that I was on it to the letter. My first month actually was not bad at all. Yes it was really strict and almost a hassle being to weight your food accurately every time. But I was making it. I was not losing as much as I wanted it to be, but according to my dietician friend, 3 lbs/week is a reasonable weight loss for my food intake, as long as I don't feel weak. On the contrary, my energy surged up as I felt lighter :willy_nilly:... and my mood has gotten better too, as a bonus :hurray:. With that being said, I feel obliged to say that I had my first "deviation" this weekend. I had to attend a wedding plus a dinner invitation by a very important friend. At the reception, because I did not want to feel awkward in front of some strangers in my table, I had the crab cake in their menu choice. I should have asked them to hold the sauce, but I didn't. I gave the other half to my husband and kept the veggies, but nevertheless, I ate something that has ingredients that I should not be eating. Like it was not enough deviation, yesterday at the restaurant, I had steamed fish and mango salad (just estimated the allowable serving amount), but I know I did not have enough veggies, and I am pretty sure it was loaded with sodium. Now this morning, do I have the right to complain that I only lost 1 lb. this week??? Raaats! I don't think so... but, do you think that was the culprit??? Pls. tell me your feedback... Thank you for taking your time in reading my :rant:... errr, post. :waving:

I had a full program with cohen last October 2012 until April 2013, I am 5 feet 3 inches, started at 150 pounds or around 68 kg and loss 11 kg, now I'm 125 pounds or @ 57 kg after April and had maintained my weight until now that's more than a year already. In other diets my weight was yo yo

Back