Cohen's Lifestyle Cohens Lifestyle Support - New

Prefix for Cohen's Lifestyle
The Cohen Program

Hi Ronaldo & welcome back to Cohen's. I love that, after all this time, you know that Cohen's is the right choice for you to lose your excess weight. Your original plan would have changed considerably as I know it has in the 3 years since I got mine. Are you signing up for a new plan? Feel free to start a new thread in this Cohen's sub-section of the WLF & share your journey with us. We can offer you support if you need it & you can help inspire others.
Cheers, Cate.

Hi Cate - yes, the program is sound and works well.

The Cohen Program

Hi Cate - yes, the program is sound and works well.

I have no problem restarting it. I feel it is more of a lifestyle rather than a strict formula. It is my opinion that taking it as a guide rather than an absolute formula, it works well.

The Cohen Program

I have no problem restarting it. I feel it is more of a lifestyle rather than a strict formula. It is my opinion that taking it as a guide rather than an absolute formula, it works well.

Personally I have blended the wisdom of this program with that of other low carb programs such as Dr Atkins and other low GI programs. This works for me.

The Cohen Program

Hi Ronaldo & welcome back to Cohen's. I love that, after all this time, you know that Cohen's is the right choice for you to lose your excess weight. Your original plan would have changed considerably as I know it has in the 3 years since I got mine. Are you signing up for a new plan? Feel free to start a new thread in this Cohen's sub-section of the WLF & share your journey with us. We can offer you support if you need it & you can help inspire others.
Cheers, Cate.

Hi Cate, I needed to make an impact in my weight and decided to essentially do the original diet for a limited period of 12 weeks. I have been loosing about 1kg per week and I am down about 10kg now, 2 weeks to go. I plan a 2 week break so that I can eat healthy desserts such as ice cream and cheesecakes for the 2 weeks while on holidays and then do another 10 weeks of the diet program.

The Cohen Program

Hello Cate,

I joined this forum back in Oct 2006 and managed to lose 33.7 kg. Unfortunately due to a number of factors, I didnt manage to get to the refeeding part of Cohens. Ive gained back all that I lost plus a few extra kilos. I am having dreadful problems with my knees and feet, and I am sure the weight is a major contributor. I am not financially able to join Cohens officially at this time, as I have been off work for almost 12mths and there is no way I can possibly afford it. Every other eating plan insists exercise is a must to succeed in weight loss, and clearly, I am unable to exercise due to the pain in my limbs. Cohens was an amazing journey for me, and I know it is the only way I will succeed in permanant fat loss by completing the entire program.

Do you think that doing my old program, even though it has been over 3yrs, would at least to some extent allow me to lose some weight until such time that I can begin working again and afford to join Cohens officially? Im at a total loss at what to do. I know the only way to get back to good health is to lose weight, but there are so many hurdles stopping me from doing it.

Also, can you point me in the right direction as to which is the main thread, or where do I look to see up dated chats.

You look amazing and congratulations on your achievements. I remember following your progress when I was on. Fantastic work.

Cheers, Regina

Hi Regina
I think the cohen diet is rather draconian to do for long periods of time and personally use it only for a pre determined period just to make an impact and then switch to basic philosophy of using a protein and veg meal before any gratifying desserts once off the program. This works well, it maintains body weight pretty constant.

So do the diet for say 10-12 weeks and stick to it religeously. My original diet of 20 years ago still works fine for me and every one else I have told this to that follows it.
--ie: No sugars, sweets, pasta, breads, alchohol for that 10-12 week period.

Then after the 10-12 weeks, ease off the diet and introduce the odd dessert, ice cream, chocolate , bread, pasta, pizza etc in moderation. Common sense prevails. The Atkins and Paul McKenna philosophy is what I find works for this.

They say eat what you want, when you want and do NOT over do it. Then compensate a bit the next day, ie eat a healthy plain yogurt with seeds and fruit for breackfast, meat and veg for lunch and dinner. 1/2 a glass or 2 of red wine - not 3 bottles. Again, moderation. Enjoy the food, dont just stuff it down.

Hope this inspires. Just do it. Oh and if you think you can't handle 10 weeks, do say 5 weeks or whatever you feel ok with. Then you can just do another five weeks again when it suits you.

Happy living. Life is too short to be miserable.

Hi Cate. Thank you so much for your words of encouragement. Makes me realise how much support this forum gave me when I was here previously. I love it!!!!!!! Im on day 3 of my old program and things are going well. Could eat my arm off between breakfast and lunch, but otherwise, no real issues. Slight headache, but thats normal initially. Funny how quickly we can fall back into habits. Some good, some not so good. It seems quite easy this time round. Though, I dont want to jinx myself. LOL. Fingers crossed, all will keep on going well, and the fat will melt off as it did first go round.

Thank you again for your support. Take care and enjoy your beautiful Tassie. Very jealous. :)

Cheers, Regina.

Hi Ronaldo, I appreciate your post. Certainly worth considering. Im pretty motivated at the moment, and I know once I start to see and feel results I will be fine to keep on going. Once I do get to a point that I either feel temptations or that Im tired of the food, I may consider just slowly adding other foods and monitoring my weight. Either way, I have to stick to this for now, as my feet and knees are really not liking it. I do have planta faciatis on both feet and torn cartilage in right knee, so the added weight is putting stress on all these problems. I have NO choice but to lose quite a substantial amount.

Good luck with your restarting. Im sure it will go splendidly for you.

Cheers, Regina.

I disagree totally with the concept that Cohen's is draconian or that it makes life miserable. Recommending playing with the program is setting people up to fail. If I had continued to dabble in "diets" then I would still be fat.
Quote by Ronaldo-
"and then switch to basic philosophy of using a protein and veg meal before any gratifying desserts once off the program." This may be someone's philosophy but it certainly is not a Cohen's maintenance guideline. Getting to goal weight by sticking to Cohen's, doing re-feed & then following Cohen's maintenance guidelines will ensure you become slim & stay slim. If people want to play with programs, good luck to them. I would prefer to stick to something I know works.
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it".
Cheers, Cate.
Each to his own

Hi Folks, just an update. I finished :cheers2::cheers2:12 weeks of my original cohen program from 1997 and it worked very well, I lost 10kg, almost 1 kg per week which is about the same as when I did it the first time. My ideal weight is 64kg, I was 88 when I started and I am now 78. Feels great. Went to Germany for a wicked week, I ate and drank what I liked. Cheesecake, croissants, waiss beer, pretzels, wine, ice cream, whipped cream the whole schebang. And funny, I was very cautious all the time without pre meditating it. I just did not feel like over doing it. The result was that I did not actually gain much at all, about half a kilo.

Back home, back on the program for another 6 weeks and then off to another break for a week or so. I am doing it, it works, I loose weight. I just chucked out my old jeans (36-38in waist) and I have decided never again! Back into my 34's now and aiming for my 32's by the end of August this year. I still have my 30's and 28' pants which I havent worn in 15years!!! Plan is to get there by end 2010.

The point is it can be done.
If anyone needs support, just ask or PM me if you like.

And yes, if you have been battling your whole life overweght like I have from school days being picked on and feeling fat all the time, I do think that Cohens program is a bit draconian. But just tough it out for a few weeks at a time is my motto.

Happy days everyone.

Back on the plan and whilst googleing cohens recipes found this old faithful thread... i was once on here in 2006 and lost 40+ kgs. I had been diagnosed with PCOS and told the likely hood of having kids was slim (before cohens) NOW i have to say i am 2 dress sizes away from where i USED to be BUT i have 2 beautiful boys Daniel 3 yrs and Lucas just 6 months!! My husband and i BOTH did this plan together and he lost a whopping 48-50kgs got to refeed and maintained it for 12 months! But during the last 2-3 yrs we have spraled out again so we are back onto the Cohen band wagaon again tomorrow!!
We know it works BUT is sooooo hard to get back onto the program... our motivation is being able to play with our children and just to do it for US!!
I hope to pop in here often and see what wonderful progress you have made and what progress you WILL make!!

Tam

I'm new here. I've been reading up on the Dr. Cohen diet and have been thinking about doing it. I have two main concerns.
I live in Korea. Korea is not Singapore or Hong Kong (where I've been many times). We don't get the food that other countries have here. Some veggies and fruit are just not imported. Another minor problem is that everything is in Korean, including ingredients.
I'm worried that I will start this diet and not be able to find the food that I have to eat. (Low fat yogurt and most kinds of cheese for example)
I'm also worried about the blood tests. I would have to have it done by a local doctor (Korean) and the results will be in Korean!
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!!

Cohens - does it work?

Hi, I am new to writing on a forum but really need help with my weight. I have put on 27kg over the last 4 years and am desperate to get it off. A friend suggested Cohens. Can anyone out there give me some feedback as to what this diet is like please? I am now so desperate and I know that I need to do something. Weight Watchers just does not sem to work for me.....
please help!

Hi, I am new to writing on a forum but really need help with my weight. I have put on 27kg over the last 4 years and am desperate to get it off. A friend suggested Cohens. Can anyone out there give me some feedback as to what this diet is like please? I am now so desperate and I know that I need to do something. Weight Watchers just does not sem to work for me.....
please help!
Hi & welcome to the forum. Have a look at the Cohen's site & you will find most of the info you need. The Australian site is-
Weight Loss Through Healthy Eating - Lose Weight with Cohen's Lifestyle Clinic
The US site is-
1st Personal Diet
I would choose Cohen's again if I was needing to lose much weight. I started on it in Jan 2007 & lost 36kgs in 28 weeks. Since then I have followed their maintenance guidelines (fairly loosely) & am maintaining my weight where I am happy with how I look. I am 57 years old & feeling the fittest I have been since my early 20's. It's a very strict diet but I found that to be best for me. If I had been able to eat sensibly before I would not have gained 36kgs. Check out the sites, ask them any questions you have & come back in here any time & ask any questions you like about it. I'm no expert on Cohen's, nor am I employed by them (I wish) but I'm eager to help & am here almost every day.
Doing Cohen's changed my life for the better. Basically it's up to each of us, but doing the program & losing my excess weight, has enabled me to take control of my health, not to hide behind fat & not feel like a victim. I have found the confidence I have lacked most of my life & I am a happy person.
:D Cheers, Cate

Thanks for the support

Thanks Kate
I have now had my blood tests and am waiting for my program.
I am really motivated and have given this so much thought as I am sick of the diet industry and really need help!
So watch this space and thank you

I started Cohens a week ago and I weighed an astonishing amout more then what I thought, it was and is devastating. I hope this works. How do you deal with something like that!

Hi All I'm a newbie here..
Last Friday I went to a Cohen s presentation it was very inspiring for me, tomorrow after a weekend of thinking it over I'm going back in to sign up and have a blood test. I'm hoping that it will be easy to stick to and the results will make me smile.. So watch this space..

Hi meltingaway & welcome to the forum. When I saw your user-name I thought you must have already been on Cohen's! It was one of the best decisions I have ever made. It is very strict but it is easy in the respect that it is black and white. You follow the program 100% & you will get to your goal weight. There are not many people in this part of the forum but we will help whenever we can. I check it daily. I'm on maintenance, after losing 36kg in 2007 on Cohen's. Also don't be afraid to ask your consultant when you have any questions.I'll catch up with you again soon. Cheers, Cate

Hi Cate,,

Wheres the place to go in the forum to find all the peeps doing Cohens..

I went to get bloods done 2 weeks ago (was the 1st day of the school holidays) and so many people waiting that we didn't stay so Monday (kids back to school) I'm off to get bloods done then driving to clinic and signing up I'm so ready to do this that Ive shocked myself cant wait to get started even got my head around that fact that coffee wont be a major in my life (I'm a coffee freak )..
One of the ladies that came to seminar with my sister started 2 weeks ago and lost 4.9ks in her 1st week inspirational stuff just shows me that it does work.. I work in a beautiful clothes shop for girls size 14-24 so worried that the clothes wont fit me hee hee..

Back