Cate's Diary

Exactly. I get more steps in AND almost twice as many calories so it all evens out.
It does :)
I decided to "bite the bullet" & list some things for sale today. I went for it & listed 8 items & it looks like I have sold 3 for a total of $600. I was so nervous. My SIL has been a shining example. I know one of them. He used to be very high up in the police & used to call in at our business. That felt funny. I have invited him up to our house as we know him well. I may just get the selling bug......

I hope so! Giving your treasures loving new homes AND making some money would outweigh a bit of inconvenience.
I think so too, LaMa. I have had so many enquiries & have to make good notes about who I meet & when. I message everyone back straight away or else I would never keep up. I might start on some of my actual collectibles soon (whisky jugs, ashtrays etc). I have so much stuff. I decided to start with what was in the garage first as it's a bit squeezy in there with the big car.
Wow, €600 is fantastic. Well done Cate.
Thanks, Em. I really have felt very nervous about it all, but faced my fear & just did it.

That's great to hear. I was reading a few posts back that you need to get back into gear with the plan, but I feel like you've been doing really well? Are you still far from your goal?

That's great to hear. I was reading a few posts back that you need to get back into gear with the plan, but I feel like you've been doing really well? Are you still far from your goal?
I’m 10kg away, Em. I just haven’t been feeling that positive but have hung onto the 6.5 kg lost since November. It’s harder to find motivation the more times you regain again & again….

It’s harder to find motivation the more times you regain again & again…
I don't know if that's objectively true but it sure feels that way to me as well. It gets harder to imagine that this will be the time when it will stick, even though every go-round has taught me new things about myself and the weightloss process.

It sure does feel that way, LaMa. I'm constantly learning about myself, but I would be quite happy to get down to my happy weight & then learn to stay there!
I have sold $140 worth of stuff today (in hand), I have someone coming tomorrow who should pay me $500 & then on Tuesday I'm delivering an item for $30 as we were going in anyway. The garage is considerably more spacious as we also went to the tip.

That all sounds good! I'm sure some buyers will turn out to be trying but you're off to a nice start.

So far, so good with the buyers.
If I don’t get any interest in my sewing machine I’m going to ask if the migrant resource centre would like it.
I may wait a while to list more stuff as I won’t be able to drive & then we’ll be away for a week.
I have had a good day today with eating, exercise etc.
No wine( had sugar-free mango Kombucha)
5676 steps at 6.15 pm
1.035 cals including dinner which is still to come & room left for something else 😊

Thanks, LaMa & Rob. It was a good day & it felt good to say no to wine. I got in 6,082 steps & 1246 cals, walked Arch twice & I'm still happy about selling some stuff. This morning I should be selling my golf buggy for $500. I never did like it. It's too heavy & bulky for me. I think I will wait to buy another. The next thing may be a small ride-on buggy or a very lightweight push buggy. I may just use G's current one & buy him a new one. Facebook marketplace is easy to use, Rob. You just need to start, which is the hardest part. I don't like strangers coming to our house, so meet them down at the highway, but if you don't mind then it will be easy. I don't think you're on Facebook, but if not you could make up a profile easily with Alligator Rob for example as your name & start taking photos on your phone of the things you want to sell & start uploading them onto marketplace. It is really easy. They contact you on FB messenger. You get an idea whether they're genuine or not fairly easily. So far, so good anyway.

Awesome! And another bulky item out of the way. If you're only planning to play socially with G couldn't you share his buggy or is that a silly thing to say?

Yeah, I think my colleague at work bought her car on Facebook Marketplace. I was blocked the last time I tried to sign up to do promo for the play because I only had one friend and they thought I was a bot. I sent my photo and stuff to them, but I don't know if it was approved. To be honest, I'm happier not to be on it. We have Done Deal here, that's good enough for me!

Anyway, hope you had a lovely Easter and have a great week ahead. xx

Awesome! And another bulky item out of the way. If you're only planning to play socially with G couldn't you share his buggy or is that a silly thing to say?
His is just a push buggy that fits one set of clubs on it. It's also looking very old & tatty. He needs a new bag too. I'm not in a rush to get one as I won't be playing for a while yet.
Yeah, I think my colleague at work bought her car on Facebook Marketplace. I was blocked the last time I tried to sign up to do promo for the play because I only had one friend and they thought I was a bot. I sent my photo and stuff to them, but I don't know if it was approved. To be honest, I'm happier not to be on it. We have Done Deal here, that's good enough for me!
I bought & sold a campervan on FB marketplace. I'm not a big fan of FB either, but it's an easy way to contact family who are overseas. Mostly I just share my wordle & Archie spam.
Anyway, hope you had a lovely Easter and have a great week ahead. xx
Thanks, Em. I have enjoyed this Easter & it has ended up being quite sociable but without family.

Yesterday
I met some really lovely people at the weekend, which gives me more confidence to keep selling stuff. I won't be able to drive for a couple of weeks though as I'm having my other cataract done tomorrow. I think the next thing will be taking some things to a collectibles store with G & having lunch at one of my favourite cafes nearby. The guy seemed genuinely interested in our stuff & promised he would offer fair prices. I might get it all out again & have a good look before taking it there. I also have lots of books in very good condition to take to a second-hand book shop. Maybe I'll try selling them online instead.

Glad you had a pleasant Easter weekend. I can somehow wrap my head around autumn Easter less than summer Christmas!
The guy seemed genuinely interested in our stuff & promised he would offer fair prices.
They always do... But since you know what you're talking about and he very likelt noticed that your chances are a lot better than most people's.

Glad you had a pleasant Easter weekend. I can somehow wrap my head around autumn Easter less than summer Christmas!
Summer Christmas is wonderful, LaMa!
They always do... But since you know what you're talking about and he very likelt noticed that your chances are a lot better than most people's.
I won't be accepting any silly prices & I think he realised that. Taking G with me will take away all of that "try to take advantage of a woman" stuff that we know well. I'm good at being assertive these days, but having "the man" there keeps them on their toes. He did seem genuine & I think I'm a decent judge of humans. I'll go through it all again though I think.

I spent hours today & yesterday looking for some photos of my friend, V. She won't live much longer & her son & daughter have asked me for some from our pub days for the service. I will really miss her. I found lots but not the funniest one.
I spent hours sorting out & rearranging our snooker room. Underneath it is now empty. I am really proud of my decluttering. Yesterday we had our new social golf club secretary & his Dad(G's friend) up here & they took all of the stuff associated with the position. Most of it was under the snooker table. G now no longer holds any positions, other than an inconsequential one that is in name only. I love it.

Back