Cate's Diary

Oh, so so sorry about your friend V. It's good she passed peacefully, and I hope the ceremony for her is lovely.

I am in a much better space now and am getting thinner again. I will join you in eating healthy and not eating junk. I can't weigh myself or measure anything at the moment, but will keep eating lean in solidarity with you.

I don't think it's entirely fair that R dropped of a rambunctious puppy with you a day after your operation. You were very gracious to take him, and I hope everyone's feeling better now!

Anyway, hope your eye heals up nicely and you have a lovely weekend!!

Sorry to hear about your friend. Enjoy your peaceful day.

Thanks, Marsia & LaMa. It's nice to have peace & quiet again. It's funny but I always miss R within an hour of him being gone, even though sometimes it's really tiring. I haven't felt like eating cleanly today at all. We are really light on fresh fruit. There is one solitary orange in the fridge. I think I do much better when I am well stocked with fresh fruit. I might have to go into the supermarket tomorrow :eek: Monday is Anzac day & the fruit & veg shop will be shut :(

I picture R growing up as one of those kids who brings a torrent of activity with him, kind of like that cloud of dust around Pigpen in the Peanuts cartoons. He seems really endearing, but also hard to keep up with. I am enjoying being by myself so I only have a fraction of the normal cooking and cleaning, but I do miss J and K a lot, too.

Down to one orange sounds like a potential fruit emergency. I try to keep a little dried fruit on hand in case that happens, but it's not the same at all. Hope you make it to the supermarket!

I picture R growing up as one of those kids who brings a torrent of activity with him, kind of like that cloud of dust around Pigpen in the Peanuts cartoons. He seems really endearing, but also hard to keep up with.
Very true!
Down to one orange sounds like a potential fruit emergency. I try to keep a little dried fruit on hand in case that happens, but it's not the same at all. Hope you make it to the supermarket!
It is now officially a fruit emergency. Dried fruit I find too moreish to have in the pantry & dried prunes are best avoided at the moment as my stomach is a bit dodgy. I will make sure I go into the supermarket on the way today. A young friend has live music in his bar & we're going along for an hour or so, without Arch. I'll shop first & take some ice bricks as I know I'll just want to get home afterwards.
One orange for two people is a clear fruit emergency!
Dire emergency!

Thanks, Marsia, LaMa & Floater :grouphug:
Whatever it was has gone now & I feel ok this morning. It's something I have eaten & I feel it was gluten or wheat. My stomach really hurt & it was just like a stitch.
G is playing golf today & will be leaving soon. One of his sisters rang yesterday to see what we're doing today as they're coming out to our local town for the Anzac service. She said they could come to pick me up & we could go to lunch together, but I have decided to drive in & go to the service as well. The opth. said I could drive when I felt like it & I feel I will be right. I'll do a small shop & get some fruit!

Nice you have company and a holiday event to go to while G plays golf- perfect timing, and a chance to get more fruit, too!

Nice you have company and a holiday event to go to while G plays golf- perfect timing, and a chance to get more fruit, too!
It was good, M. Anzac day is an interesting day. I thought of the people of Ukraine in moments of silence. It was a very good service in our local town. I love how there is more & more involvement with our first nations people who sadly were ignored when they returned from wars. Yesterday's service was very inclusive & respectful.
Lunch with the sisters-in-law was enjoyable but very hard to hear one another as it was packed.
Yay for fresh fruit! Hope you enjoy the company.
I ended up buying fruit from the place we lunched at- fresh blackberries, raspberries & strawberries.

I'm doing some gardening today. I'll try not to overdo it, but I really want to move some woodchips into our dog/veggie garden yard as all sorts of weird & wonderful things are coming up. It's time to prepare for winter & get the beds ready for spring.

Last edited:
Ooo, if I could teleport, I'd love to help with your garden! That's wonderful about including the First Nation people. So good they are given credit for their dedication to the country!! I hope that happens more here, too. So glad you had a nice time with your sisters, and the fresh fruit sounds lovely!

I wish you could too! Australia has such a long way to go with bridging the gaps & our record is atrocious, & tokenism & racism must become a thing of the past. Hopefully it will get better & better. I just edited my last post to say sisters-in-law. The fresh fruit is yummy, but it's the end of the berry season & fruit will become much more limited from now on. They always have frozen though & they are only just down the road from me.

Having a reliable source of quality fruit is great, even if it's frozen. Enjoy the remnants of summer.

Back