Cate's Diary

Thanks, LaMa. It is really good news & I know it won't happen again.
Getting rid of all of the boxes on Sunday, really was the catalyst but then sorting through all of the photos was just too big a job & they have ended up back in the cupboard. Selling stuff has meant I can move stuff into the garage ready to sell or give away. It was a huge job yesterday & it looks marvellous.
I'll be leaving soon for the eye hospital. I didn't sleep very well, but it doesn't matter.
We are meeting someone tonight at 6 to sell my sewing machine.
R is coming up tomorrow to stay for a couple of nights as he'll be starting a new job in May.

Thanks, LaMa. I'm back home again & have taken the patch off. It feels much better having my left eye shut but I had a quick nap, put some drops in & decided I would distract myself for a little while here.

Not too long please, screen time is hard on the eyes. Blink regularly and look into the distance in between pages.

So glad you are having such a satisfying time decluttering and selling things! And wonderful your second eye is doing so well that you could see to go online already. It's really nice that R comes over after your operations to be there for you. Love the bond you guys have!

I just snuck online for a few minutes. J and K go back to CA in a few days, so I'll do an update and hop back on the forum then. It's amazingly beautiful here, and you can hear the dolphins talking with each other when you float in the warm, lovely ocean!

Hey, M. Thanks for popping into my diary. I know that you're "flat out, like a lizard drinking", as we say in Oz :) I'm going to spend less time on the computer for a week or so & no reading either to let my eye heal.
Hearing the dolphins talking with each other as you float in the warm, lovely ocean? That sounds wonderful!
OK. I have an 8 am appointment in the city (60 km away) so had better get going! Up at 6 :eek:

The Ophthalmologist was happy with my eye & I'm happy now it's not stinging. It looks gruesome still as it's very bloodshot, but it's from where the local anaesthetic goes in. I don't want to think about a needle going into my eye, but I assume that's what happens, maybe after drops go in first. *shudder* There was pooled blood in there yesterday. I hope I never need another eye operation of any sort, but I'm very grateful I was able to have them done & that they are now done!
R has not arrived yet. I just got a video call from my SIL to let me know he's at her place. I'm glad he called in to see her. She would love that.

Great to hear the doctor was satisfied with the result. Be sure to take a picture of the gruesome eye to scare small children if necessary :p

Thanks, M. Yesterday was fine, but it's not really relaxing. R has been super chatty, especially in the mornings, which I don't cope well with. He has left his dog with us while he goes for a drive up the coast. He has a cone on his head as he was de-nutted on Tuesday & he's bashing into furniture, cornering Archie & generally being fairly pesky. He's only 7 months old. If he didn't have the cone on his head it wouldn't be so bad. He was better yesterday when R left him with us for a few hours. He's settled down again after I roared at him, but I don't dare move from here for a while. R will be going back home tomorrow.
We didn't realise that R wanted to leave his dog with us & we were going into town to do a few things, but I think I'll wait until Monday.
My diet has been out the window this week.
My eye still looks a bit gruesome, but it's feeling a lot better & I'm seeing a lot better.
Arch threw up on our bed this morning & I have a mountain of washing happening. Luckily it's sunny.

Darn, sounds like a pretty hectic day. Sorry puppy sitting is so stressful. I don't think I'd leave my pet with someone after having gotten snipped, but glad R takes him home tomorrow. I hope Archie isn't upset from the puppy pestering him. I hate when I have to change all the bedding from cat throw up. Hopefully tomorrow will be peaceful! Glad your eyesight is getting better!!

I once puppy sat for a friend but at their place. Very cute playful chocolate Labrador puppy.

while playing with him outside I stepped in some of his freshly dropped poop. All over the bottom of my shoe. I took it off and went inside to get something to clean up the mess. When I cam back 5 seconds later the shoe was gone. That’s when I saw the puppy playfully running through the house with it!

It was like something out of a movie… I’m just thinking “NOOOOO!”

He’s got the shoe by the laces and he’s running away from me inside the house while periodically shaking his head and my poop covered shoe causing poop to fly in all directions inside the house.

Its funny now but at the time it was a stressful 90 seconds that resulted in a lot of searching and cleaning of poop particles.

Darn, sounds like a pretty hectic day. Sorry puppy sitting is so stressful. I don't think I'd leave my pet with someone after having gotten snipped, but glad R takes him home tomorrow. I hope Archie isn't upset from the puppy pestering him. I hate when I have to change all the bedding from cat throw up. Hopefully tomorrow will be peaceful! Glad your eyesight is getting better!!
I really was relieved when he got back. I understand how hard it would be to go anywhere with a puppy with a plastic cone on his head. I think he feels that he can ask us to do things he wouldn't ask other people.
Changing the bedding & getting it all washed & on the line ended up ok as I got to put our winter doona on early. I felt as snug as a bug in a bug last night. Before next spring I must buy a good quality, in between weight doona as the current one is too small & not very good quality.
It was like something out of a movie… I’m just thinking “NOOOOO!”
Oh, Nooooo! That does sound hilarious now but must have been an absolute nightmare at the time. :eek:
Sounds like Archie is as stressed out as you are :grouphug: Not cool, R!
I think I was worse than Archie. I really value my peace & quiet. I also had an operation the day before R arrived & I did feel really tired. I still do. They have gone now & I can just relax. G just took Arch for a walk to get the paper & we'll go get our flu jabs this afternoon, but other than that we'll just have a lazy day.
I have had an upset stomach for a day. I don't know what from.
Edit:
In the middle of the dog bedlam yesterday I got the message that my friend, V had passed away peacefully. It was expected, but I will really miss her. I loved her very much. Her service will be next Friday morning & G & I will go.
2nd edit:
I have changed my MFP daily goal to 1400 for now & will input everything.

Last edited:
Back