Cate's Diary

Thanks, Em. It was a lovely send-off. I think I have changed my mind about next Wednesday. I was going to go with G while he played golf, but instead, I think I'll go visit the women. I'll take Arch with me. I want to hang onto the connection & develop it a bit more. Friendships are a little bit like gardens. They need looking after.

They sure do. Good to hear the living got to connect genuinely and I hope you can keep that energy going.

Hey Cate, I just opened your letter, thanks that was very thoughtful.

I enjoyed the postcard and all the Tasmanian brochures, and now have my own Tasmanian passport!

Be warned now that I have the passport and your address I may come calling one day. And I seem to recall, from a couple of years ago, you promising some whiskey if I ever did.

Thanks! :):):):):):):):):):):)

They sure do. Good to hear the living got to connect genuinely and I hope you can keep that energy going.
I'll make an effort, LaMa xo
Hey Cate, I just opened your letter, thanks that was very thoughtful.

I enjoyed the postcard and all the Tasmanian brochures, and now have my own Tasmanian passport!

Be warned now that I have the passport and your address I may come calling one day. And I seem to recall, from a couple of years ago, you promising some whiskey if I ever did.

Thanks! :):):):):):):):):):):)
Haha. I hope you do come, Rob. That address got put on that envelope for a reason. It's whisky that we have, not whiskey. None of that US stuff in our bar :D Maybe I have a bottle of Jack Daniels for visitors & some Canadian Club I think, but we have lots of Scotch Whiskies, some of them over 60 years old. They were part of G's Dad's collection.

Thanks, LaMa & Rob. I'm home again now. It was a funny mixed old weekend, but it did me good to go away. It is so, so nice to be back home though. I'm very tired.

I feel much better today after a good night's sleep. I slept in our spare queen bed as our bedroom was smoky. This is an ongoing problem & I really need to get to the bottom of it. Smoke does not get into our 2 other bedrooms. Our doors & windows are dodgy & there was no comeback as the company went bust.
I started my day well with an early walk. G picked me up & drove us back home so I didn't have to tackle the steep uphill walk back home. Arch & I have been sitting outside since we got back.
I'm going to pull up all of our tomato plants today as It's getting very cold overnight & I am busting to plant some spinach seeds & tidy up our veggie garden/dog yard.
I'll take Arch for another walk this afternoon when G rings me to say he's leaving the golf club. I think I am going out to have a bit of a hit on my own tomorrow & to quickly catch up with the women. I'll walk Arch in the morning again.

Enjoy your gardening responsibly! Especially if you want to go smack little balls with a stick tomorrow :)

Enjoy your gardening responsibly!
I should have read that yesterday!
Especially if you want to go smack little balls with a stick tomorrow :)
I think I'll just have a hit on the practice fairway :)
I'm technically not a member at the moment, so don't want to get ticked off by anyone or talked about for having a hit on the course. I just need to know what it feels like to have a hit & catch up again.

I did so much gardening yesterday that I was overtired at bedtime & couldn't get to sleep. I was exhausted in the afternoon but still took Arch for a second walk. I have harvested all of the tomatoes & they are sitting on a towel in the laundry with a towel over the top. L, my SIL was told to do that by an Italian neighbour. I pulled all of the plants up, tidying up posts & ties as I went & the yard looks so much neater. I have room to put another raised bed or even a small greenhouse. I'll check them out I think. I want a higher raised bed I think, even though it means so much fill is required. If I start working on it now it can be ready by Spring.
Even though it's Autumn here I really have hayfever today after hours spent in the garden. I think I am going to spend lots of time over winter trying to tidy up the double rock bank before Spring, so it's not such a jungle & hiding place for snakes. I'll wear protective clothing. I really feel like gardening now it's cooling off. I'm also putting the winter doona on our bed today.
Yesterday I had some chocolate in the afternoon & an orange. I really felt like it but then also had 2 glasses of red wine when G got home. Today- no wine or chocolate!

No wonder you were so tired! Gardening weather sounds lovely though. Fingers crossed all is well at the golfcourse

I was so, so tired today. I made myself go into town, but went a bit further & did a big supermarket shop so we didn't have to tomorrow. I was held up for ages with road works. I called in at the golf club & there were only 6 women there, including B1 & B2. I didn't go & have a hit as I had left home much later than I had planned. I didn't enjoy being there really. I don't think I can be bothered. There are many more reasons for me not to rejoin them than there are reasons to go back. I may pay my subs after June & play with G in fun comps & get back to our social golf group.

I may pay my subs after June & play with G in fun comps & get back to our social golf group.
That sounds like fun. Just be aware that some people will expect you to go back to doing All The Things so prepare to say no with authority.

That sounds like fun. Just be aware that some people will expect you to go back to doing All The Things so prepare to say no with authority.
I probably won't be going back to play with the women, LaMa & I don't think they expect anything of me anymore. You just need to be a member somewhere to be able to play or else pay green fees every single time you want to just have a hit. I would quite like to get back into playing social games with G.

OK. It is high time I stopped faffing about. I have been slack again & lost my momentum.
Starting again today-
Log everything into MFP.
1250 cals per day.
4000+ steps every day (don't judge). Put steps into my diary the next morning.
No wine at least 3 days a week. Tues, Thu & one more maybe. I think wine is my chocolate.
Do some gardening every day.

No judgment from me: I may get more steps in than you but I could never deal with your calorie level. We all run our own race.

Hey Cate, just checking in, you are much better at checking on me than visa versa.
No wine at least 3 days a week. Tues, Thu & one more maybe. I think wine is my chocolate.
I like the chocolate analogy, certain one many of us can understand. Does having wine every other day help, or make it harder?
4000+ steps every day (don't judge)
I am in no position to judge, and doubt anyone else here is either. I wasn't counting but there was a time, when we first met, that I doubt I could have done 4,000 steps a day. All exercise is good.

No judgment from me: I may get more steps in than you but I could never deal with your calorie level. We all run our own race.
You need more calories because you are much more active & work in a physical job.
Hey Cate, just checking in, you are much better at checking on me than visa versa.

I like the chocolate analogy, certain one many of us can understand. Does having wine every other day help, or make it harder?

I am in no position to judge, and doubt anyone else here is either. I wasn't counting but there was a time, when we first met, that I doubt I could have done 4,000 steps a day. All exercise is good.
Hey, Rob. I need to just say no to myself again. No wine today! I weighed myself this morning & I haven't gained anything so it's a good time to refocus. Instead of feeling bad about myself, I'll move forward. I want to get down about 3 kg by the start of June when we go to Queensland.
It's raining today so I won't be going for a walk or gardening. I need to come up with something active in the house. I chase Arch around the snooker table often as he loves it. I'll tidy up the garage & list some items for sale. It's about time I bit the bullet & did that. We're going to the tip tomorrow & I'll sort out as much stuff as I can to go.
I also need head to toe waterproof gear!

Back